The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help

Guest spoons

Guest spoons

hi guys are there any members of the club that live in southampton who could check out a car for me its a supra i seen on ebay the owner said it had a squeel coming from the steering ,quote {well the car is fine when you are driving it about . its only say when you are in a say car park and you are going slow turning it makes a noise but only when car is on the move . if you sit in the car with engine on and turn steering its fine so its only when you are driving it very slow and turning . i do not know whats wrong the power steering has no leaks so . unless its the pump its self which i think its not . as that when the car is still . and the engine is on and you turn the steering it sounds fine .} its just i dont want to take a chance on it just in case. any help would be appreciated, i will pay for you petrol:)

Hi Ya,

There are two things that can cause this.

1: The Vacum pipe attached to the power steering pipe could be split or could have come off.

2: There is air in the power steering system and should be bled.

If the pump is knakered we have one that you can have for £10 plus postage.

To remove old one and replace with new takes about 40mins and is not a hard job to do.