The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top speed ?

alan83

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does a tt ever top out??????. i dont think ill ever be the one to find out.

Jspec/UK spec is pretty irrelevant when it comes to super high speed runs. I've seen 187 lph on the gps and was still accelerating (sadly, the straight part of the road ran out). It took a couple of miles to get there but I expect it will have gone over 190 if there was more road.

I managed to hit the limiter in 6th on a downhill @ BPU + FMIC @ 1.2 bar. Needle was way off the clock, so any calculations would be best done on gearing i guess. Gets there a load quicker on big twins :)

Road gets very narrow at that speed.

That'd be 197 errm, leptons per hour on your last car (unless it had some aftermarket gearing/axle or raised rev limit) :cool:

The speedo's usually read a little faster than what you're actually travelling at the higher speeds. For a TT 6-speed the 6th gear is rated upto 196mph....... this topic has been discussed before and there were gear ratio vs speed calculations done about a couple of years back.

The 196mph is unatainable as the peak bhp point on the rev range (which dictates your max possible speed) is no where near the max revs allowed in 6th. So the an acurate top speed on a stock TT 6-speed will be around 175mph area. This will be less for the auto models due to the different final gear ratio.

(The above is just from memory of previous posts.... I don't have the gear ratio figures to hand).