The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra on ebay

Guest spoons

Guest spoons

hi this is my first post ,i dont have a supra yet but i seen one on ebay ,cant do links, the guy said it has a problem with the power steering its squeaks while driving slow.does anybody know if this is a big problem and would it be worth buying. any advice would be appreciated.:)

It may be just low on hydraulic fluid and have air in the system or it could be that it needs a new PS pump, no way of telling until it is looked at by a mechanic.

Copy a link to the add, so we can see what condition the car is in and what mods have been done, as there may be other advice we can help with.

Oh and welcome to the club :thumbs:

Guest spoons

cheers pete ive been trying to contact the seller to ask more about the ps problem before i make an offer,what could be the worst that is wrong with the ps and how much to repair. cheers

Guest spoons

hi guys the seller on ebay got backto me about power steering problem.quote{well the car is fine when you are driving it about its only say when you are in a say car park and you are going slow turning it makes a noise but only when car is on the move . if you sit in the car with engine on and turn steering its fine so its only when you are driving it very slow and turning . i do not know whats wrong the power steering has no leaks so . unless its the pump its self which i think its not . as that when the car is still . and the engine is on and you turn the steering it sounds fine .} Does this still sound like power steering fault or could it be something else, any ideas :)

Odd noises from power steering are quite normal and if you're not used to Supras may cause you concern. All three of mine have made odd noises at full lock and low speed.

Of course, it COULD be an issue with this car given that I can't hear it from here ;)