The mkiv Supra Owners Club

APR Wind Splitter

jazz1

It's not so much the lowness of it thats the problem, its how far it sticks out. The lower lip of the do-luck sticks out much further than most bumpers so on camber changes it catches VERY easily, if you are going to extend that further with one of the carbon lips there's no way it'll last.

(Plus its a stupid mod ;) )

i had a CF wind splitter on the MGF. it made a serious difference in handling (but the an MGF isnt designed to go over 40mph in the first place cos only flat cap wearing old men buy them) but i did smack it on a curb when parking the weekend after fitting it! D'oh!

so if you do fit it, remember its there!!!!!!!!!

I've just been looking at that website. What a crock of shite.

APR Front Bumper Canards are the perfect answer to aerodynamically tune the handling for the front of a car. Made of lightweight and durable carbon graphite composites, APR Front Bumper Canards help increase front downforce at high speeds. The added downforce stabilizes the cars chassis during hard cornering and increases traction for faster lap times.

Err no they don't. They generate a vortex that usually flows under the back of the car, so it increases rear downforce, at best the vortex will flow under the car somewhere just behind the front wheels, worst they'll do is just flow along the side of the car creating no lift. They'll also add a chunk of drag wherever they end up flowing.

Size matters. So when it comes to reducing aerodynamic drag to a car, the APR Formula GT3 Mirrors are an excellent choice. The APR Formula GT3 Carbon Fiber Mirrors are designed to give race inspired looks with the functionality of reducing drag and eliminating blind spots with wide angle mirror lenses.

Wing mirrors make feck all difference to drag. Even on an F1 car, it's pretty difficult, even in our £40,000,000 state of the art wind tunnel to measure any change in load that wing mirrors create.

Also as far as creating downforce on road car, I've said it many times before. You REALLY don't want to be doing it by anything that uses ground effects. The reason is, the downforce created by ground effect devices is ride height dependant. So as the car get's closer to the ground, the greater the effect (untill it get's so close that it stalls, but on a road car, that's very unlikely to happen) So conversely as you increase ride height you lose downforce.

So what happens if you're going around a corner a bit quicker than you would be without your extra downforce, and then hit a bump and lose all your extra grip instantly. You'll crash that's what'll happen. Race courses, on the whole are very much smoother than the roads you'll find in this country.

RGM do those rods and can be found in most Halfrauds outlets. Fitting bigger wheels and adjusting coilovers dont meen your car will sit a lot higher either mate. Im running around on 19s, good clearance between tyre and arch and I still cant fit a mobile phone between the bottom of my bumper and the road! Speed bumps no chance!