The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(advice).. fog light

aeropete

i got one of those horrible looking square rear fog lights mounted on me back bumper, i notice that allot of supra owners have there foglight wired into there rear lights,

just wondered if this would be easy to do, cuz i think it lets the car down.

if someone has done this and could give me some directions on what to do, would be great, cheers:)

Mine is wired into one of the reversing lights - shows as a normal, white reverse light when off but is actually fitted with a red bulb that comes on with the fog light switch. The other reverse light acts as normal. Hence loads of shouts of "Oi!Mate, you only got one reversing light working!"

Naughty I know but I just got a bigger number plate and removed my fog. When the MOT comes i'll put the smaller plater back on and connect the fog light (made to be removed easily and quick so no time delay)

Acouple of pics before and after:

Gaz

heheh you seem to be swapping the license number too :D

Mike

I did mine over the weekend mate...

The inner two brake lights work as fogs when the switch is one, normal otherwise.

Its pretty tricky to do right, especially when the instructions above are for a pre-facelift as I found out after I had wired the whole thing up!! The facelifts must have different coloured wires...

Nick