The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I feel Sick

Class One

No I really do! I'm at home today, don't feel very well, full of cold and the shakes. I've got professional exams tomorrow which I HAVE to attend, if I miss them I have to wait two years before a resit.

Went out to the drive to move the Supe and found this.

Gutted. I last used the car on Saturday when I went to work. It was left on the street all dau but I didn't notice it when I got back in it. The last person to use it was my wife yesaterday. She not here, but in all honesty she's the sort of person to mention it and it looks as if it was done when left unattended.

Excess?? £250.00 :badmood: :bang: Haven't contacted the insurers yet, but does anyone in the trade know if I have to use their bodyshops?

Guest Garfy

I would think you would be able to get that done for around or not much more than your £250 excess, so I wouldn't bother with insurance

Well having spoken with the Mrs, it would appear that a kindly driver in a 4x4 did it in the supermarket carpark yesterday.

Problem is, is that the driver didn't bother stopping.

There is some damage forward of the wheel arch as well and some mark on the plastic trim forward of the rear wheel.

The pics don't really show how big the dent is, but i reckon its more than £250's worth of damage.

Ouch, sorry to see the damage to your car. My 4X4 was on the drive all weekend honest.

I had a similar thing happen to front and rear bumpers and front wing clipped, cost a grand back in 2002.

I think to get that done properly for 250 would be amazing. There will be quite a bit of work to get the dent out. You will probaly have the whole 1/4 sprayed up to the point where the rear pillar joins the roof, so that any blending will not be visible in normal light.

I hope you feel well enough to sit your examas tomorrow. Good luck with them.

Well having spoken with the Mrs, it would appear that a kindly driver in a 4x4 did it in the supermarket carpark yesterday.

Problem is, is that the driver didn't bother stopping.

There is some damage forward of the wheel arch as well and some mark on the plastic trim forward of the rear wheel.

The pics don't really show how big the dent is, but i reckon its more than £250's worth of damage.

Has the supermarket got any cctv in the car park? Very similar thing happened to my Audi with a lad on a scooter. He totally flattened my wheel arch and scratch the door that ended up costing 440 pounds. Ended up paying myself though because the supermarket had the tape of the lad and stuff but the police said there was nothing they could do because the footage wasn't great etc and my excess was 250. Hope you get it sorted mate! Good luck with your exams

Sorry to hear this m8 i never leave my car parked in public spaces where car's are parked close side by side or spaces with tight gaps back & front & if do i let her go shopping while i gaurd the motor & she hate's it that why i rarly go out to these places & mostly use second vechile.

Hope you get it sorted out soon m8

Checkout http://www.thedentman.co.uk.

Naff website but I've heard they do a good job.

Sorry to see this happen to your P&J Doug.

Small world. I've used Martin the Dentman (based in Richmond) and he did an absolutely brilliant job. Takes pride in his work, and I fully recommend him. I decided to dish out instead of paying a £350 excess, and it came to a total of £100. Just send the man that picture and he'll give you his opinion... just say that Ben says hi... who knows you might get a little discount. :)

Oh, and all the best with the exam tomorrow... it's up in Crystal Palace or something no? Arghjae is doing his too!

Gutted for you.

I work for a body shop. The insurance company will try to tell you that you have to go to one of their approved repairs, its bull shit! you go where YOU want. And i advise go to a good place....and be more than fussy!!!!

However i hate to say it, but IMHO i would suggest not going through the insurance. MR guess is that will cost you around about 900 pounds...Just a question of whether its worth a claim for that??