The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I lacking ambition re: my Supra?

RedM

I have finally 'finally' settled on what I want done to the Supra in the long term.

BPU for the faster spooling turbos/performance gain thing.

CW suspension set.

...and that's it!

Can't really think of anything else. I've ruled out going single as I don't think the amount of use it would get justifies the outlay.

I don't want any fancy bodykits (well, if a Ridox kit fell off the back of a lorry I wouldn't say no) and I only only appear to like stupidly expensive wheels.

I suppose doing the car up inside would be an idea but I'm not keen on installs.

Any ideas or is it perfectly okay to just want a normal(ish) Supra?

personally I'd say it's fine! Quite possibly much better than just modding for moddings sake, not really knowing what you want from your car. The supra is a great car to start with, why not just put the icing on the cake with a few mods that suit you :)

If you're happy with it as it is, then keep it that way! BPU is more than suffcient for all but the most power hungry people :)

If I were you, any 'spare' money should be spent making it as perfect as you want, but at it current power. i.e. on regular servicing or reneweing parts that are known to wear (Bushes, drop links, track rods, etc).

It's all about making the car make you happy, some people settle for standard, some iron out a few annoyances, others address things they feel Toyota should have looked at and some update things a little.... then you have the people who feel the need to change everything.... :)

Each to their own but we are blessed to have such a capable starting point.

If I were you, any 'spare' money should be spent making it as perfect as you want, but at it current power. i.e. on regular servicing or reneweing parts that are known to wear (Bushes, drop links, track rods, etc).

I was kind of thinking that too. Just pick and area of the car and get it done out with new parts. S'pose I could go for a full engine rebuild in a few years with the money I'm not going to spend with Ridox, Volks etc.

BPU for the faster spooling turbos/performance gain thing.

Depends how far you want to go with the BPU thing, it can get to be a pretty long list, eg. I did the following

Exhaust

Decat

Fuel pump

Emanage

Boost controller

Bigger Injectors

Fuel Rail

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Cams

Cam Gears

Plugs

Boost & EGT Gauge

Here are a few other suggestions, which would enhance the performance/driving experience, but still retain the relatively stock appearance.

Leather retrim

TRD Steering Wheel

Front and Rear Strut braces

TRD LSD

Head unit, speaker, amp.

.....is it perfectly okay to just want a normal(ish) Supra?

Martin that's just crazy talk :looney:

I don’t think you are. I've had my Supra for over three years and I first replaced the rear lights to facelift, then got an aftermarket exhaust, uprated all the ICE and that’s it! I still have the standard 16" wheels, everything else totally standard and really have no interest in buying any other mods for it. The value of the car against the cost of the bits doesn’t help but it could also be my new interest is my house.

It’s just how you feel personally and not what others think. If I was to buy another Supra a facelift, (which I probably wouldn’t) I don’t think I'd do any mods what so ever, it’s nice to see a totally stock car and IMO and it makes the car more desirable. As long as your happy enjoy.

It's all about making the car make you happy, some people settle for standard, some iron out a few annoyances, others address things they feel Toyota should have looked at and some update things a little.... then you have the people who feel the need to change everything.... :)

Each to their own but we are blessed to have such a capable starting point.

:yeahthat:

When I first bought mine I had lots of plans about doing this and that, now apart from making it sound (exhaust) and look a bit better (wheels) imho I dont care much about doing much else.

Its fast enough for the daily drive for me and its still too much of a car around the track for me to handle, I'm getting there but I wont be able to properly push it to its limits.

I think if I was to start all over again, I'd buy a cheap 6 speed and gut it, paint it, mod it and turn it into a race car.. but thats not happening while I've still got mine :)

:yeahthat:

When I first bought mine I had lots of plans about doing this and that, now apart from making it sound (exhaust) and look a bit better (wheels) imho I dont care much about doing much else.

Its fast enough for the daily drive for me and its still too much of a car around the track for me to handle, I'm getting there but I wont be able to properly push it to its limits.

I think if I was to start all over again, I'd buy a cheap 6 speed and gut it, paint it, mod it and turn it into a race car.. but thats not happening while I've still got mine :)

How odd. For as long as I've been on here I've been under the impression that you have an uber-single turbo, race spec car.

:shock: :p

It probably would be m8, hence the reason for seeking a cheap as chips base, maybe a crashed jobbie, but trust me, but by the end of it it wouldnt resemble a J or Uk Spec in any way :D

How odd. For as long as I've been on here I've been under the impression that you have an uber-single turbo, race spec car.

:lol: Perhaps its all the Nurburgring talk got you thinking that. If you watch my videos you'll see otherwise. :D I just saw your post about launching your car, you sound a little like me, I've never thrashed it on the road like that, attempted a burnout or anything like that - I've probably only 'launched' it on the 1/4 mile strip ~20 times hehe :)