The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodykit prices???

supraman.chris

Dear experienced,

I'm narrowing down my bodykit desires to consist of a Do Luck front bumper, Veilside skirts and a Trial rear bumper. However, as any true tight arsed Scotsman will admit i've been trying to cut corners and save money with some sucess to be fair.I've Learnt that Jap kits are much better quality than Chinese or Hong Kong manufactured kits but is there such a difference between original kits (quality,fitting ease) and these replicas?:search:

Has anyone had bad or good experiences with these replicas from feedback from their bodyshops?

do luck.jpg

samurai front bumper.jpg

TRIAL_REAR2 £575.jpg

rear.jpg

veilside sideskirt.jpg

Most of the ebay stuff is useless (IMO). Its really a false economy to buy cheap body kits as fitting can end up costing a fortune. Been there, done that!

Paul Evans (Miami-GT) can supply excellent quality copies or original kits (to be honest he's the ONLY trader I trust to provide copied kits). Obviously the copies are more cost effective, but I think they are reasonbly priced.

PS: Good choice of kit :)

The orange car you list is my old car and I bought most of the bosy kit from Paul E (Miami GT) and my bodyshop guy said it was the best copies he had ever seen. You could probably buy a lot cheaper - then spend twice as much with the bodyshop getting it fitted!

Hmmm....i do remember in the days of my Mk1 Punto GT getting a kit on the cheap and my bodyshop having real difficulties with it.

So there is a considerable difference when it comes to quality then.

Miami-Gt are my port of call but i just had to convince my wallet first before taking the plunge!

I intend to start on the outside as soon as i've sorted my steering problem, so rest assured i'll post as many progress report pics for all those interested.