The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thinking of getting rid..........

black cat

every time i get in it iam thinking "i love this car but how much is it gona cost me this month?" front disks are shaged and the clutch is fooked.

thats not much change of 700 _800 quid.

what should i do guys, iam realy down about this but the sensible thing is playing on my mind............:(

tt steve

do what i usually do. sell car regret it!

then borrow more money to try and buy a car as good then spend loads bringing up the spec

only sell if you are going to buy a better car going backwards is not an option for me anymore . when you have a great car you get used to how good it makes you feel. when its gone you will immediatly want the feeling back and will start planning to spend. if you love the motor keep it.

Guest Garfy

Just spend the money to sort it, I once got rid of a car I loved (modified MX5) and bought a new Mazda 323F 2.0 Sport, and regreted it almost straight away, and especially when I wanted to sell an year and a half later, ended up loosing £4000 on the MX5 and then a further £6000 on the 323, thats one of the reasons I bought the supra, it's allready lost the majority of it's money, and there really isn't any other car that compairs to it for the money. all IMHO you understand.:D

Garfy

Don't leave us Steve!

You've just had a run of bad luck mate that's seems expensive when you roll in the mods you've just had done. If you take the cost of that out you'll probably find the running costs aren't so bad.

Clutch and brakes were bound to go sometime whatever car you had and will last a long time once done.

At the end of the day you have the most cost effective speed machine available today IMHO and nothing else will touch it for budget.

I know you've got the little one to think about now which will obviously play a big part in your expenditure, but I'll always donate you some nappies if it get's that bad ;)

Chin up dude, you've got a great Supra and you'll really miss it. Do you really want to have to explain to the double glazing man why you don't want those conservatory doors anymore? :eyebrows:

Shop about for the discs I got some well cheap from http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

They aren't gonna be race spec but they'll do for now.

Clutches again shouldn't be that bad if you shop around. WSB2 thought he was gonna be raped over his clutch and it wasn't that bad in the end. I think you are sortable for £4-500 not £7-800 Thats what this sort of club is all about.

thanks guys for the encourgment, spent some quality time with it givin it a wash down. i cant talk to the wife about it ........... its all a bit touchy. shes not givin me hastle.. comments are "how come we have to spend MORE money on it wen you dont use it??"........ what can i say.:shrug:

day to day use is not an option.

ive brushed it under the carpet for now, i keep on dropping it out but it gets a hostile responce.

however i need to get sorted asap cos there is NO way that i cn spend big moneys on it when we have a kiddy.

to be honist i think the clutch is the last main thing to be done. to keep it on the road. brakes are being odd at moment but isnt stopping me driving.

oh did i say we are moving as well. £££££££££££££££££££££. is this all possible, iam gona give it a good go any way.:cool:

Hey you're in the same position as me! Except for the kiddy bit! :D Buying a house, selling the car but having clutch and brakes needing work.

the kiddy bit is the problem as my wife earns more than me.

however mines payed for. is yours.

i was hoping for out of sight out of mind locked away in garage untill weekends. however this is a bit of a bummer at the moment, but am working on it.

are you defo selling yours.

i cant see the point really. ok ill recoop 7 - 8k ish but then wen its gone ill have nothing. and nothing to play with. then resent things.