The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tesco: P!ss take insurance renewal

Jake

I got a letter from Tesco this morning saying they had automatically renewed my insurance. It's now £694 for Fully Comp, plus £95 for breakdown cover (£95! what a rip off), £15 for a courtesy car. Total £805

WTF? It used to be £480, for the same car.

Oh yeah, and if I pay by installments it's £870.

So I rang them up and politely told them to get stuffed but the woman said "Too late, we're already covering you for another year. Do you want to cancel your policy?" (and get a refund for 11 months, presumably"

They can't do that, can they? I never agreed to take out another policy with them this year. No wonder they're trying it on with the renewal price.

I tried to ring Sky for a quote but they shut early on Saturdays.

I spent all afternoon getting other quotes :

744.45 Admiral

698.25 Elephant

694.05 Tesco

667.00 QuoteMeHappy.com

546.98 Asda

544.95 Direct Line

529.16 Lancaster (Agreed value)

523.95 Privilege

510.05 Adrian Flux

359.25 Liverpool Victoria (No mods though) :(

???.?? Sky

So, it looks like I'll be going with Adrian Flux or Lancaster unless Sky can come up trumps for me on Monday.

i got a quote from sky for 2800 fully comp with modifications and its an import plus they gave me that quote at age 20 with only one years no claims
I'd swap places with you mate.

You be the 40 year old old fart and have cheaper insurance and I'll be 20 and pay more. Deal? :D

Jake, another company did the same thing to a collegue, didnt send him a reminder and charged him, putting him into the red on one of his cards, the cheeky sods.. and no they cant do it.

Depends on terms and conditions of insurance and all sorts of stuff. Just like NIPs they only need proof of postage of the renewal and shit like that. That said if it comes to it and it was a credit card payment you have the ability to go down the credit card refund system like any card payment thats unauthorised I guess.

Every time I've got a renewal with Adrian Flux, they try to pull a fast one. EVERY time.

Now it's the same all over again. Double the best quote I got from others.

So I gave them a ring yesterday:

Me: Why has it gone up? I wonder! Is it because of the number of claims I've made last year?

Them: yes sir, claims push your premium up.

Me: So with zero claims how did I do that?

---------------------Silence----------

Me: Is it because I moved to a dangerous neighbourhood?

Them: yes sir, different postcodes affect the premium

Me: Well I haven't moved

---------------------Silence again--------

Me: Is it because of all the extra modifications then?

Them (happy coz they 'got' me now): YES sir, it now has to be through our 'modified' division.

I see here you've got aftermarket wheels and that makes your car modified

Me: I've swapped them back to standard many months ago

Them: You've got a DV and a performance airfilter

Me: I've swapped them back to standard many months ago

Yet more silence, some shuffling

Me: Is it because the car got younger or all the penalty points I got in the meantime?

---------------Silence, they ain't falling for this any more---:D

Them: Sir, this is the best offer you can provide you.

Keep that renewal letter too. What was the date on it?

They are supposed to get it out to you about a month before renewal. (Can't remember the new FSA regs, but under the old GISC rules it was supposed to be a month)

Tell them to shove it before you go to the FSA!

:thumbs:

im only 22 got a manual jspec tt 19" racing harts vside exhaust power enterprise induction kit hks ssqv ts bonnet vside mirrors trial rear whifbits front varis skirts konig seats hypermax coilovers fully comp from lancaster today £1163 suits you sir!:D

http://www.yesinsurance.co.uk

Their price was 33% for fully comp compared to the best price I got 3rd party, included Top RAC (incl flights home, hotel, train etc) and £100,000 motor legal.

Really REALLY happy with them to be honest, they are a broker and got me an excellent deal on my NA (which is normally more expensive than a TT), I found them through confused.com so worth going there as well.