The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauges...

Dash Rendar

Howdy all

I've just bought a fuel pressure gauge, the type that fits directly onto the FSE or Aeromotive. Is checking the static fuel pressure good enough, or is it also important to see the fuel pressure under boost / when driving?

Also, I've got a GReddy EGT gauge (that came with the car), but never had the probe for it, so it's completely useless. Anyone know where I can get a probe from, or am I going to have to buy a whole new gauge.

Lastly, I want to buy an AFR gauge, although I'm not sure where to put it! (I've got the EGT and boost pressure gauges mounted in a pillar pod.)

Are these gauges tricky to fit? I suspect they're a bit too much for me to undertake, so I'm looking for someone with the skills to fit. I hear Phoenix are good, although they are a little way from in Berkshire.

Howdy all

Lastly, I want to buy an AFR gauge, although I'm not sure where to put it! (I've got the EGT and boost pressure gauges mounted in a pillar pod.)

Are these gauges tricky to fit? I suspect they're a bit too much for me to undertake, so I'm looking for someone with the skills to fit. I hear Phoenix are good, although they are a little way from in Berkshire.

Lots of members have their AFR gauge in place of the stock clock. 52mm gauge fits there nicely.

The AEM AFR sensor comes with a boss which needs welding on (!) so unless you are particularly handy with a welder I'd say they are tricky to fit. :D

Mike

Looks like your luck has turned for the better then, James.

Which Greddy EGT gauge is it? I can get you a new sensor, sensor fitting and harness if you need.

Thanks Nic. Here's a picture of the EGT gauge. It measures 65mm for the outer diameter. Is that enough to go on? Hopefully, the sensor and fittings will come to significantly less than a whole new gauge!!

greddyEGT.jpg