The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Name for Trip to France Poll

Dragonball

Name of French Trip 2006 (and for the future?)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Name of French Trip 2006 (and for the future?)

• Frogball '06
    • Bullfrogball '06
    • Bullball '06
    • Rosbifs Run '06
    • Rosbifs Rumble '06
    • Soopball Run '06
    • Soopball Rumble '06
    • Soopball '06
    • Soopinabasketandapintofcremedementhesivousplait
    • Other...see comments

As there seems to be a slight disagreement on whether some names might not be PC i have added a few to a poll and ask everyone to vote...

Adding others is accepted of course

This will hopefully be the start of an annual event that might involve other countries etc...

who would have guessed my suggestion of Frogball run would have got this far :)

I think Paul needs to check with the guy thats organising the Frenchy side of things and see how Frogball and Bullfrog would be taken, I know we dont really care what the French call us but they may take it a little badly.

One extra one to throw in to the pot (and its a bit off the wall), I have heard the Supras called Soop Dragons, so we could have Dragonball run, as I say its a bit off the wall but wont offend anybody.

I personally like Bullfrog run as its not wholly offensive...we could say our inspiration is from when the bullfrog was introduced to Australia and it took over the place ;)

JB

Not yet mate - will PM you later

I sent the parcel nearly 3 weeks ago by airmail :complain: Just checked the tracking info and no record of it on the UK PO website, HK tracking says it left HK on 22nd Feb. I'll get onto the PO here and get them to find out where it is :banghead: :badmood:

as there was no real clear winner (and Frogball might get right up the noses of the french people who are going along) I have agreed with Paul that this event needs to be called Dragonball Run 2006.

The primary reason for this is that the name can be used again for any future European runs and it also doesnt seem to have any sort of conflict issues with other car runs to Europe.

I know Frogball Run and Bullfrog Run are great names (I did come up with them after all) but the implications of the French taking offence is not something I want to contemplate when theres 40 Supras parked up surrounded by the French.

Hope that doesnt disappoint anybody too much but we need to be sure we can get out of France alive and with all the primary bits still attached to our cars and to ourselves.

JB

I sent the parcel nearly 3 weeks ago by airmail :complain: Just checked the tracking info and no record of it on the UK PO website, HK tracking says it left HK on 22nd Feb. I'll get onto the PO here and get them to find out where it is :banghead: :badmood:

Paul, I checked with the PO and they said the parcel was actually delivered on the 8th March, can you confirm if you have received it please.