The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I think I have found one!

Ribenaberry

I think, finally, after many long months of searching I am about to get my Supra!

I have found a 95 NA Manual, totally standard for sale and it turns out i even work with the woman who is selling it!!

Looked the car over this afternoon, going to test drive tomorrow and barring anything unforseen will be dropping off a deposit right afterwards.

Woohoo!

Dale

Damn! :(

Went to Test drive the car this lunchtime and found two problems!

First, the drivers seatbelt is very sluggish on retracting.

Second the car has a slight hesitation, it feels like it misses slightly as you try to accelerate hard and if you are just cruising along just maintaining the revs, it feels like it is hesitating every now and then.

The garage owner said he would have a look at it and i am to go back tomorrow to test drive it again.

Second the car has a slight hesitation, it feels like it misses slightly as you try to accelerate hard and if you are just cruising along just maintaining the revs, it feels like it is hesitating every now and then.

The garage owner said he would have a look at it and i am to go back tomorrow to test drive it again.

seatbelt - dont worry about that, they all do it - easily fixed

The hesitation just sounds like it was cold - take it out for a good 20mins and then plant it

It seems to be well serviced,

The woman who owns it is married to the owner of the garage selling it. Plus i work with her and everyone is telling me how much she loved the car etc.

It has had a new timing belt put in recently and the guys that owns the garage says that he can show me every little thing that has been done to the car since it was imported. To be honest, i think it is just bad luck that it happened when i was driving.

Quick question though, when i got there the batterywas flat, as apparantly someone had left the door open all night. Could this have affected the Engine managment?

The Mileage on the car is 155000 KMs

How did you get on?

I rang him this morning,

The seatbelt thing was fixed, it was merely the belt had twisted and then been fed back into the reel.

With regards to the Hesitancy, he said that he would have a look at it then take it for a nice long run. He put it down to the fact that the car hadn't been on a long run in a while, whilst it was sitting in the showroom.

So i am off today straight after work at 4 30 to have another look.

Sounds ok to me, my N/A can hestiate a bit when cold or if its sat out in the damp a bit. If thats all thats up with it I dont think it would put me off too much, especially if he can service it for you next time, then you know you have some one that knows the car and what they are doing with it.

I used to have that seat belt prob too, soted easy as it was just the spring or summit that wasnt letting the belt get sucked back in.

yeh i got an N/A and it does hesitate ever so slightly at around 4000 to 4400 then pulls like a train up to 7200 so no worries there

This is exactly what it was doing!

Methinks a deposit is in line this afternoon then.

Thanks guys,

Hopefully will have some pics soon!

in addition to the above, if the battery was flat there is a chance the ECU was relearning, causing it to feel maybe a bit funny.

i know my TT goes a bit odd when i reset the ECU.

sounds like normal though for NA's

take it a long test drive, immediately report back to us, and pop a deposit in....just tell him you left your switch card at home, and you will call him to pop a deposit over the phone

Update!

Went to test drive a second time and the engine was solid as a rock! He had already sorted it and put it down to dampness getting in during a steam clean.

So i promptly paid my deposit and then he told me about how he has a policy of MOTing all cars he sells that have less than 6 months MOT Left, so I can go pick it up on Monday with 12 months full MOT! what a bonus.

Hopefully should have some pics on Monday