The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do next tuning wise..?

SupraJames

Right I seem to have come to a bit of a pause with tuning my UK Spec Auto Supra.

So far is has had the following:

Blitz Nur Spec R Exhaust

Blitz SUS Power Induction Kit

Full Decat

Iriduim IK24 Plugs

HKS Head Gasket

ARP Con Rod Bolts

Greddy Profec Spec B Boost Controller (running 1.2 Bar Max)

Blitz LM FMIC + Full Hardpipe Kit

Fully rebuilt turbos

Last rolling road it ran 329bhp at the wheels, but id like more out of it,

any ideas what I can do next..?

That's not bad power as it's going through the autobox...

Maybe a should be next - or an upgraded autobox? To help those horsey's out the door ;)

Sorry being dumb, could someone please explain what a 3600 stall converter is and what does it do..? any ideas on the price of an Auto Box upgrade..?

Turbo wise, they are UK spec fully rebuilt, dont believe anything was upgraded, just straight recon.

Also an FSE has been mentioned, again are these worth it..?

Ignore any comment about FSE's...you don't need one.

The HiStall torque converter allows you to brake boost to 3600rpm before launching - thus you get a faster getaway...like dropping a manual clutch at hi RPM's. Downside is that in town it can feel a bit odd as it slips more than the old one...but it's not hurting anything it just feels wierd.

I think BL and therefore Vortex can upgrade the clutch packs on the auto box to make it stronger....that's what I meant by modded autobox....but it should be necessary.

The stock ECU over fuels massively, it might be a thought to get a piggyback like an eManage installed by Matt H and tuned by Ian C (along with a wideband 02 sensor) to make the most of the fueling you have available. 550's on the UK spec won't run out of puff till you're over 500HP!

What about RLTC too...

The stock ECU over fuels massively, it might be a thought to get a piggyback like an eManage installed by Matt H and tuned by Ian C (along with a wideband 02 sensor) to make the most of the fueling you have available. 550's on the UK spec won't run out of puff till you're over 500HP!

What about RLTC too...

Yeah looked at the Greddy Emanage system, any ideas of prices ?, on the unit, install costs, set-up costs etc.

RLTC, yeah liked the idea of this, might wait for another group buy, as I am working on lots of other bits on the car, bodywork, paint, ICE etc..!

Alex, do you mean something like this ?

I am guessing the Ultimate is the newer version..? will the standard emanage be ok for me, as its under half the price of the ultimate..! ;)

E Manage on Ebay

E Manage Ultimate on Ebay

James, agree with Alex, the emanage or emanage Ultimate would be a good next step for you. Beware the ebay adverts do not include the harnesses and aditional sensors that you'll require. If you want a price for the full kit that you'll need drop me a pm and I'll do you a very good deal.

cheers

Would love to go single was looking around today at the T78, T88 and also the big HKS tub, just cant afford the turbo let alone installing it, fueling etc etc..

Well I had a full engine rebuild and turbos out and reconned, simply to remove the tubs and re-fit them was £1500, then I think was around £350 a turbo.

James, agree with Alex, the emanage or emanage Ultimate would be a good next step for you. Beware the ebay adverts do not include the harnesses and aditional sensors that you'll require. If you want a price for the full kit that you'll need drop me a pm and I'll do you a very good deal.

cheers

Nic I think my bank manager is falling in love with you already..!!! :p

Think I might go for the standard emanage to start with, with all harnesses I need and the O2 sensor mentioned above. :)

The old eManage will do the job but go for the new Ultimate one if you can afford it as it WILL do it better and has far more tricks up it's sleeve - it's worth twice the price.

Buy from Nic, and get the right kit first time.

You'll need an AEM Wideband too...they are about £199 on special offers. Don't rush - accumulate all the parts gradually and do the change in one hit.

if you are gonna have a high stall fitted, maybe you should also have transmission coolers too, as the box will get very hot while slipping, i think you can have the high stall on a switch to lock it so it doesnt slip while around town as you wouldnt need it to slip then,

... i think you can have the high stall on a switch to lock it so it doesnt slip while around town as you wouldnt need it to slip then,

That is not correct mate. If you tried to lock up the TC at low speed around town the car would feel as if it was stalling. The hi stall TC is most effective in allowing the revs to rise thus building boost. Have a look here:

http://www.bmracing.com/noflash/tech/torque.html