The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Cut @ 1 bar.

Conrad

Ok so maybe this aint the best idea but thought I'd ask anyway.

My Sup is totally standard but I've just bought decat pipes and RSR exhaust (Cheers Clarkey). Now I really want to fit it but I'm missing pretty much all the other BPU stuff bar the restrictor ring.

Would it be ok to drive the car and let the Sup's fuel cut kick in at 1 bar? Will it harm the car in anyway?

I know I should wait til I have the new plugs, FCD, fuel pump etc etc but I'm REAL skint at the moment! It would be at least a month until I bought the other stuff

Get the NGK BCPR7ES spark plugs and it's not much more than a tenner...

I was toying with the idea of getting the NGK ones as they're a lot cheaper than the Iridium ones.

Looks like my lack of funds has chose which set I'm having.

Is that the correct part number for the ones I need for BPU? do I need any other info? I'll get me them next!

Would it be ok to drive the car and let the Sup's fuel cut kick in at 1 bar? Will it harm the car in anyway?
No it would not be OK. Having the fuel supply cut at high revs is not good for the engine at all. It's also very unpleasant to drive a Supra that hits fuel cut.