The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1000 to spend ...and clueless

jot_ie

I have about £1000 on account with a local car shop here in Dub and cannot decide what I should spend it on. (gift vouchers etc that I got over last year).

I am thinking one of the following (wish I could afford them all)

Aquamist System.

(because no more 98ron fuel here in Ireland)

(Anyone got any pics of this installed)

Greddy emanage Ultimate

(will this work on a vvti tt and does it require extensive re-mapping)?

Upgraded injectors

(Standard j spec at the moment)

Greddy 3 row intercooler (bit of future-proofing built in)?

Brembo or AP discs all round.

Other suggestions welcome

Its a 98 vvti tt

Full decat

hks SPF induction (pointless but its got it anyway)

hks evc4

Walbro fuel pump upgrade

rltc

Id go for the brakes mate - no question...

Replacement branded discs will make very little difference to braking, compared to the stock ones. A good set of pads, braided lines and fluid change would be money better spent IMO.

The brakes are the upgraded uk spec ones.

I think, sometime after 97 the j spec tt was fitted with the bigger brakes as standard.

The reason I mentioned discs is that I think my own are slightly warped. Really only noticeable at low speeds eg crawling along in bumper to bumper traffic, with light braking. Its like they grip and let go again slightly.

As for the other braking items....pads lines and fluid I would consider them a normal spend and not including them for this purchase

I am looking for something thats going to contribute to the performance of the car.

I'd use the money for labour rather than parts, parts you can probably buy elsewhere cheaper ( :whistle: ) and then get them to fit them ;)

Lol

Not overly concerned with fitting most parts, can do a lot myself, and enjoy it too.

As you know I have a potentially expensive road to go down with the suspension at the moment. Unfortunately this shop doesnt deal in any of the parts that I may need in this regard.

I am looking for an addition to the car with this cash, rather than replacement, if you know what I mean

John

I'd go for the FMIC, from experience its good move and will increase the BHP. OF couse some "Know it all" will come along and contradict me, even though I have done this at your stage and I could feel the power increase and got it dyno'd etc.

Top it off with a set of Endless CCX pads and you'll be delighted with the results. (run them in easy for 100 miles).