The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"1054rwhp" on stock pistons!

Bobbeh

Stock pistons are no good after around 650ish ,, if you want to drive hard!! and at a thousand hp its tits up after the first burnout!!

Is that your professional opinion ?

Kind of hard to swallow that statement when it is clearly shown that is not the case. :rolleyes:

Well its only my thoughts mate ,,:) i sent a few stock bottom ends in smoke , Will post a vid a burnout that toasted my CRD blue supra i was running about 700hp :D Spent a year building it and a 10 secs to toast it !! http://www.edinburghcruise.co.uk/contrib/cruisefull.php?jid=616#1733

And err i think i can deff say that i have been around HIGH power supra for some time now;)

Well its only my thoughts mate ,,:) i sent a few stock bottom ends in smoke , Will post a vid a burnout that toasted my CRD blue supra i was running about 700hp :D Spent a year building it and a 10 secs to toast it !!

Obviously wasn't built right then.

Thats right bobbeh!:;)

There is only a selected No of cars over the 1*** mark.....but more and more are heading in the right direction!!:eyebrows: :eyebrows:

What the yanks do is head to the dragstrip and then set the boost controller at 2+ bar boost and run a 10 sec qtr and then turn it back down for everyday driving!!

Stu

Making an engine last for 10 secs is VERY different to making it last 40 minutes round Donington. When I see a 700 plus flywheel HP car driven properly round a race circuit on stock pistons last for more than 20 minutes I'll take these ramblings from the other side of the Atlantic seriously. These drag strip "wonders" are not proper engines, they are grenades with the pin out and the holder (driver) praying hard.