The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Miv vin plates

mrpug106

That's correct, you found the VIN plate on the inner top member and the stamp on the RH upper bulkhead. There are no others to my knowledge.

Yours,

J

Quote: from Ash on 7:37 am on Aug. 7, 2001[br]

That's correct, you found the VIN plate on the inner top member and the stamp on the RH upper bulkhead. There are no others to my knowledge.

Yours,

J

Thanks for the info,About the seat belt tags,are they supposed to tally up with the vin plate,are just really showing the year of the car...coz i can,twork out the code numbers?

Lance...

Darren.........

The engine number is on the LH side of the block underneath the intake manifold assembly. So it is only visible by either removing the intake manifold or jacking the car up and removing the engine undertray.

mrpug106..........

The seat-belt tags indicate when the seat belts were manufactured which, of course, gives a strong indication when the whole car was assembled. But there are also dates on many other parts.

Yours,

J  

Darren / Ash

Actually I can confirm that the engine number IS visible without removing anything at all.    When i bought my car i was checking the engine number and i was about to give up as i couldn't see it, BUT then i found it.    You need a torch and it IS visible through a small gap.   v hard to describe but it is stamped on the lower left side of the engine block.   (left side looking towards the front of the car).     You  may need a few minutes to spot it, but it is there, and it's quite big text too, in raised lettering.    

Give it a go.   roughly you have to look down at a 45 degree angle in between pipes and hoses and stuff and it's stamped on the block.

cheers

Stuart