The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm or Starter Problem?

Tricky-Ricky

I had arranged to drive a friend to Stanstead airport this morning, was looking forward to giving the Supra a good run! so what happens? i get in to start it and click! and the alarm goes off! (not quite used to it yet) anyway after turning it on and off a few times i start to think its got a problem! but i remembered another alarm I'd had did this when the battery was going flat so i grab a spar battery and some jump leads and connect it up, and all i get now is what sounds like either a relay cutting in and out very quickly and interior light flickering when i try and start it!:banghead: so I'm now wondering if somehow either the starter or the solenoid has jammed!!!

just got back after driving his V8 auto jag up there:( :whip: and its pissing with rain!:(

anyone have any ideas? hope I'm not going to have to resort to pulling the starter motor off:(

Just tried him but he's out until later! is he the guy who fitted the alarm? just put a meter on the battery and its nearly flat, so i have taken it out to put on charge, i also put a meter on the terminals and its showing a dead short :( so i suspect that the starter solenoid is jammed and is draining all the power:( bugger!

Just tried him but he's out until later! is he the guy who fitted the alarm? just put a meter on the battery and its nearly flat, so i have taken it out to put on charge, i also put a meter on the terminals and its showing a dead short :( so i suspect that the starter solenoid is jammed and is draining all the power:( bugger!

yer he fitted the alarm, sound alarming in newcastle.

i had similar problem with one when i disconnect the battery it had to be reset .

did u remove battery when you took iac controller off ?? and if so was it ok then.

anyway let me know how you get on:)

I Had a similar problem yesterday with a cobra alarm on my old mans R34. Tried to replace the battery - alarm wouldn't work, just kept going off and couldn't bypass the immobiliser.

I ended up ringing a cobra installer who said that if you hold the two buttons of the fob after you have fitted a new battery the light flases and after 10 seconds or so the light changes, try it again and it worked - the fob and unit on car had re-syncronised..

might be worth a try...

Managed to talk to Rob at sound alarming, and he thinks its just down to a discharged battery, going to let it charge over night and put it back on in the morning, and keep my fingers crossed, then i can also look for a current drain in the wiring, to explain the flat battery!

Yeah i sorted the cig lighter Jergen, it was just the fuseable link in the bottom of the socket, i doubt,t it would be that as there is nothing plugged in! only used the sound system when on the move, and it only has two amps, had the same in the Nissan with no problems, no doubt there will be a logical explanation for the flat battery, just a case of tracking it down;)

teething problems! its just testing me:eyebrows: