The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what suspension?

Taylor

Currently got stock j spec suspension, but with the crap roads round here could do with a softer setup. I dont do a lot of miles so i dont want to be spending loads of money on it beacuse it dont bother me loads, but if somebody can advise a way to go with this on a budget it might be worth doing

The japanese setup is very good, excellent in fact, perfectly balanced in every aspect, in order to better that you will nedd to shell out big on some tein's or similar

it may be worth you checking your bushings etc, these become worn with age and can have a bad effect on th rest of the setup, speak to nic on here, its expensive but well worth doing

i would speak to Chris Wilson if i were you, as he may be able to customise his setup to your needs, although not often people ask for softer suspension and as indicated above if its a comfortable ride you are after you may well be best off sticking with the stock setup

hmmm not sure then now! i agree that the jspec is very goo in the handling dept, but near me there are loads of sodding potholes,and where there arnt potholes the council has decided to ruin a perectlt good road by building great big lumps in them, which really slows me down!!! some peaple have no consideration for others. do you think i could need new shocks?

i went over to koni's and eibachs and i love that set up but the eibachs do lower it a bit so if you have a big nose at the front (like mine) then you will have clearence trouble of speed bumps but if there are no speed bumps and just pot holes you will be fine

as above speak to chris wilson, i woudl love to have done that but i did not have the money at that time

Funnily enough i have just done a soft setup for a guy in the Isle of Man, and it worked out far better than I had even hoped. puts it's power down amazingly well, and rides like a stock Soarer. I can do another for 1000, fitted and set up.

You get springs, Bilsteins with softer bump valving, and softer springs, and the geo done. The price assumes no adjusters are seized solid.