The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greetings From Ireland :)

Guest Macker

Guest Macker

Hi all,

just joined up today, some of you might know me, im the Owner of Toyota GT Turbo.com. well im really starting to get the itch for a MKiv Supra..

im in Southern Ireland right down the bottom in Waterford, i know most of you are in the UK and Northern Ireland, but are there anyone that is in the south on here.. the reason i ask is as you know the Insurance/ Road tax etc is a world of difference between the 2 countries..

ok im 28 Years old, looking to buy a MKiv..TT 94 /95 ish year

first off i dont know a great lot about them specwise.. Stock Bhp Figures etc.. the difference between our spec and the Jap spec.. etc..

can anyone give me any helpfull info of who's best to deal with for importing/ insuring in the ROI?

id like to get an import as i like to get my cars fresh off the boat.. im not into buying cars that have been abused on Irish roads..

anyway.. im gone blank now cos i just finished work, if i think of anymore stuff i need to know i'll reply, but i will be abusing the search function on this site over the next few months :)

nice to meet you all

Have a good one :)

Mack

Hi and Welcome :)

There's quite a few southern Irish members on here, so you're not alone. Insurance is a little insane in Ireland so it might also be worth posting on http://www.Supras-Ireland.net for a some local advice :)

A couple of pointers:

- Don't get hung up on bhp figures, imports and euro models are fairly similar, though the euro does have some nice extra's (do a search on that ;) ).

- I'm not sure about import regs for ROI, but for us UK folks, Jurgen (JM-imports) has offered a superb service to many members here. Low import charges but with constantly supplying 1st rate cars, he's very well respected here, just search on his name.

Good luck on your hunt :)

Guest Macker

cheers all... im budgeting around €11k / £8k

honestly is there much chance of getting a nice 93/94/95 MKiv TT?

for that price range? im looking for something fairly stock..

or have i no hope for that type of money?

cheers all... im budgeting around €11k / £8k

honestly is there much chance of getting a nice 93/94/95 MKiv TT?

for that price range? im looking for something fairly stock..

or have i no hope for that type of money?

You should be able to get a good TT auto for that price in the UK (Check out the cars for sale section for some of the club members cars, in most cases you should be able to track the history via this forum). If you face import taxes then that might change things a little, best bet is to ask some of the other members from ROI for some advice on how to minimise costs.

Guest Macker

yea, i was chatting to Supra-Dupra on msn, and he was saying that it might be an idea to buy through the uk, and bring it over here... i'll have to weigh up the charges VRT etc.. and see if its worthwhile shopping in the uk

Guest Macker

Just rang my insurance to ask them how much id be lookin at to insure a TT.. they asked me was it for the RZ or the GZ supra TT whats the difference?

Guest Macker

ok so its..

An SZ is a Jap spec NA

An RZ is a TT import - standard interior

A GZ is a TT - Import - Full Spec interior

so rz would be the one that im more than likely going for cos of my budget..

they quoted me 2k euro £1,372 GBP for the year fully comp.. i'll shop around a bit more before then and see what i can get cheaper here in Ireland.. will Sky do southern irish drivers?

Hi mate,

S. Ireland J-spec TT 6sp owner here.

Tax is 1100 euro (dont no where someone got 1300)

Insurance isnt as bad as you think, theres no loading for japs, so the "cheaper" import would be the way to go. Im just gone 24, insurance is 2100 on a jap tt.

As for 11k euro, i dont know. First of all you wont get the more desirable manual for that, no way, and you'll be pressed for getting an auto TT for that, that is of course when you take into account VRT, which id imagine is about 2k euro.

If i was you and def plan to get a supra tt, id budget for a little more than that, cause even if you do get one cheap, theirs probably a fair chance it was cheap for a reason, and will end up costing you more than you think.

I have my supra since i was 23, will be soon coming on a year, and it has never given so much as one bit of trouble.

Guest Macker

cheers for the info Mini-e ... yea.. if it boils down to spending an extra grand or so when buying it i'll adjust my budget.. i did the same with my current car.. i over budgeted just to make sure i was getting a minter.. 3 years on and not a single bit of bother from it.. who are you insured with? and is there much difference in the insurance of man / auto, and betweem RZ and GZ?

cheers

Guest Macker

Thanks Jurgen, i have an old password for ucc but i havent logged in in months so yea.. please do send one on.. the only thing is that there are no prices and not much spec on the cars.. its kinda up to yer handler/scout fella.. to communicate the state of the car to ye?

anyway.. do ya kind you might be able to help me with such a small budget?

cheers

Guest Flat4_ire
Thanks Jurgen, i have an old password for ucc but i havent logged in in months so yea.. please do send one on.. the only thing is that there are no prices and not much spec on the cars.. its kinda up to yer handler/scout fella.. to communicate the state of the car to ye?

cheers

howdy man, im 23 from Carlow here with a 95 RZ-S TT manual

cheers

my guy checks all my cars and then i call my customer while he is next to car just to make sure everything is spot on 8-9k is relastic for standard tt earlier model in mint condition but this is uk only.

go on my site and use secod link and use the following password this is a combined auction link with them all in.

user-jm-imports

password-supra

Guest Flat4_ire
Hi Mack,

:welcome:

My best mate is Andy Semon, has a Lotus blue 324hp starlet Turbo.

(if your from the same toyotagtturbo.com

324bhp starlet turbo?!?!?! u sure about that? 1.3?