The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Could this be the effect of 'stale' Optimax.

RedM

Saturday. Down to last 1/4 of a tank so I put some Optimax in. £20 worth. After about 10 miles the first turbo seemed to lack boost. Audibly spooling about 200 rpm later than normal. This lasted all weekend so I barely touched the loud pedal but I was doing urban driving so she drank it like it wasn't there.

Put £50 in this morning and drove like an old lady to work. About 20 miles. Coming home tonight she seemed back to her old self and was getting better and better with each mile. Now seems normal.

Dodgy batch of Optimax?

"dodgy" and "Optimax" is a set of words whose combination is frowned upon (on this forum):sly:

Really now, all fuels go stale, but some do a lot quicker than others - depending on which 'lighter' elements are allowed to evaporate before you use them.

In this cold weather it takes longer for fuel to decay, and the supra's fuel tank seals well so that helps too.

But it's always better to have the tank as full as possible, especially if it's gonna stay still for several days.

Don't forget to change the fuel filter every now and then.