The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best kit for under £1000

n00b

open up a can of worms here ... which kit do you reckon?

i quite like the deal that one of the traders does here Toyota skirts spats and front lip for £510.... + delivery + paint etc

but it seems everyone has Toyota skirts and spats... or veilside skirts... don’t know whether to go for the norm or not ...

its to go on a black car so if anyone has any pics that would be brilliant. looking at all the online shops all the pictures are small and blurry lol

totally open to suggestions and recommendations of good traders/ fitment

ta

n00b

PS think this may be in the wrong section... :search:

open up a can of worms here ... which kit do you reckon?

i quite like the deal that one of the traders does here Toyota skirts spats and front lip for £510.... + delivery + paint etc

but it seems everyone has Toyota skirts and spats... or veilside skirts... don’t know whether to go for the norm or not ...

its to go on a black car so if anyone has any pics that would be brilliant. looking at all the online shops all the pictures are small and blurry lol

totally open to suggestions and recommendations of good traders/ fitment

ta

n00b

PS think this may be in the wrong section... :search:

Which one sells them for that?? Too lazy to trawl through them all you see!

Bomex all the way! and no we dont sell body kits!

i know i looked lol... i was waiting for you to open so i could seee if you did lol

Which one sells them for that?? Too lazy to trawl through them all you see!!

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/supra-bodykitswhifbitz.htm

looks good but common now :( front lip looks great if your not ready for the whole nose cone yet

hey jazz1 you mean go for either veilside or toyota ? or you mean go for a kit called trial... sorry for being a dumb a*se

n00b

what about a Rod Millen Spoiler eh Jazz?

Charlie, are you talking under a grand for the kit or under a grand painted and fitted?

Mike

well under a grand painted and fitted would be nice but as close to it as possible... quite like Do luck but thats stupid money..

what you have in mind mate?

Charlie

nothing in mind mate, but obviously there's quite a step between painted and unpainted. I like the Do-Luck kits myself, but yeah they are a touch pricey.

Trial is a kit, Paul E does a "Trail" rear, quite a high rear with a built in diffuser. not really my taste, but one member on here has a real passion for it (I'll let you work out who for yourself) post 4

Mike.

sorted i think

veilside rear spats from miami gt for £120... (look the smae as the toyota ones (i think))

replica toyota side skirts from whifbitz £230....

then either nose cone from them or front splitter... wonder if i can get it all sorted for mascrat manor this month lmao... no chance

n00b

I quite like the full do-luck kit (rear is similar to trial), but no chance you'll get the lot for under £1k.

I don't think there's any way you will get a good quality rear AND front bumper for under £1k, they're usually £400-£500 each for copies... I think you're stuck looking at an aftermarket front, sides and spats.

Don't foget fitting and paint, budget at least £400 for that if you want it done properly. More if you go for fibreglass copies, and much, much more if they're cheap ebay copies.

My personal preference:

Do-luck front (Paul E copy): £495

OEM skirts: £400

Veilside Spats: £120

Paint and fitting: £400

Total: £1415, though I could have saved £200 by going for fibreglass sides.

Anything made of uPVC...so that's either OEM or....erm...whose that other one? I like them whatever they're called...they do plastic bits not fibre.

American I think? Could be wrong....

Hmmm...

think thinknthink..

Nope. Forgotten.

But they're uPVC and very nice. Don't see often either.

No more wine for me.

Pete, any chance you're talking about the Stillen ;)

It's a very nice bit of kit, could even be forgiven as being stock. In restospect the one I should have bought!

THAT'S THE ONE!!

Stillen.... STTTIIILLEN....

Right, commited to memory.....

What's my name again?

I quite like the full do-luck kit (rear is similar to trial), but no chance you'll get the lot for under £1k.

I don't think there's any way you will get a good quality rear AND front bumper for under £1k, they're usually £400-£500 each for copies... I think you're stuck looking at an aftermarket front, sides and spats.

Don't foget fitting and paint, budget at least £400 for that if you want it done properly. More if you go for fibreglass copies, and much, much more if they're cheap ebay copies.

My personal preference:

Do-luck front (Paul E copy): £495

OEM skirts: £400

Veilside Spats: £120

Paint and fitting: £400

Total: £1415, though I could have saved £200 by going for fibreglass sides.

hi homer, have you got any pics?

couldnt see the Do-luck front (Paul E copy): £495 on the site did you have to ring him

ta

Charlie

hi homer, have you got any pics?

couldnt see the Do-luck front (Paul E copy): £495 on the site did you have to ring him

Here's a few from last years Bovingdon meet below. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was between £400 and £500 all in, I think its called the Samauri on the Miami-GT site. CJ's/Gamers orange car has the same front.

sup1.jpg

sup2.jpg

sup3.jpg

Here's a few from last years Bovingdon meet below. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was between £400 and £500 all in, I think its called the Samauri on the Miami-GT site. CJ's/Gamers orange car has the same front.

looks fantastic mate !!!!!!! ... think i'm going down that path... you had any problem with speed bumps etc?

ta

n00b

Thanks for the comments :)

No problems with speed bumps at all (and we have some major ones here in Reading!), but camber changes are a real problem. Pulling out from side streets onto a roads with any 'drop' where the gutter is will cause it to scrape.

However the way Dude installed it there is a 1/2 inch give at the front so it seems to soak up these scrapes without too many problems. Due to the terrible roads round here I catch it at least once a week, but its still holding strong after 1 year. There are some reinforced runners underneath that shield the front lip from damage, I think the strength of it has a lot to do with these.