The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My TT Written Off - Insurers only want to give me 2.3k!!!

hadyn

Unfortunately, I had an accident in my tt supra about 2 weeks ago :( Which resulted in the car being written off/total loss. (Despite the car was driveable after the accident) I have been chasing my insurers about this and after todays morning phone call they offered me only 2.3k for my 1993 RZ Twin Turbo with 78k miles!!! :( I have now sent autotrader adverts of similar spec cars to them and its been dealth with by a 'senior claims person'. To say im devastated is an understatement. I simply cannot believe they can offer me such a low figure.............Lets hope they get back to me with a better figure 2moro.........

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That disgusting mate, Who insures you? The engine is worth that..

Did they mean, 2.3k and you keep car or 2.3 & thats it?...

Is it repairable? Come on man what happened.. Any Pics?

PS.. Know how you feel, Did mine on Xmas Eve!!

Unfortunately, I had an accident in my tt supra about 2 weeks ago :( Which resulted in the car being written off/total loss. (Despite the car was driveable after the accident) I have been chasing my insurers about this and after todays morning phone call they offered me only 2.3k for my 1993 RZ Twin Turbo with 78k miles!!! :( I have now sent autotrader adverts of similar spec cars to them and its been dealth with by a 'senior claims person'. To say im devastated is an understatement. I simply cannot believe they can offer me such a low figure.............Lets hope they get back to me with a better figure 2moro.........

jeez thats a p*sstake what insurance company is that

That price is a joke!

It's common knowledge the insurerers offer a sily amount first but one that low is pathetic. Out of interest, what offer would you be happy with mate?

Also, I think I saw you the other day by the Chase Gate in Cannock. You car looked fine, what damage is there?

Sorry to hear about this mate try showing them prices from dealers possibly highest prices you can find & not just the booked price when i had my incident all mine offered me was similar ammount to but after showing them what prices these super cars really go for i got £6,500 & my car just keep haggling with them & also got mine sorted in 3 days to

good luck with sorting it out mate hope info above helps

That price is low but sadly lots of people want to get the whole accident thing behind them and accept these low first offers. They will make another.

But even then I dont think any insurance company would pay out more than 5 maybe 5.5K for 93 TT. Sad news about the accident though, what happended got any pictures?

Im looking for 7 grand. The car has been in Renault Wednesbury for the last 2 weeks, so I doubt it was my supe conalex :)

Who knows then mate? TBH, I was pissed on my way back to my mates at 3am, maybe that had something to do with it! :D

Really sorry to hear about this. I take it you didn't opt for their agreed value? I still have to send in my photos etc for that, had better do it quick. Mine's a red UK TT, but if you want a copy of the receipt I got when I purchased it to help your claim just let me know.