The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP figures?

ADD

Only way to be sure is to get it on a rolling road.

I took mine the other week, with similar mods to yours

1.2 bar

Nur Spec

Walbro

TRL FCD

IK24s

Front De cat

I came out at about 366 at the wheels.

but then it all depends how well your car is running. Another member who should have crucified me got a really bad figure just because his car wasn't running well. (I hasten to add it is now running sweetly and he got a very impressive figure on a recent run)

Mike

my mates are constantly asking me how powerfull my soop is, so from the mods you can see on my sig what kind of bhp do you think i'm kicking out?? i thought about 330......ish

cheers

Tell your mate 440 at the flywheel.

I sounds accurate, and it's not over the top (compared to claims by some scoobies, vauxhalls, saxos etc) He will be impressed and nobody can prove otherwise.

Any RR figure is subject to a lot of correction factors, just be generous with yours.:D

There is bhp inflation lately, so you need to be on top.

1/4 mile figures, now that's harder to fudge;)

my mates are constantly asking me how powerfull my soop is, so from the mods you can see on my sig what kind of bhp do you think i'm kicking out?? i thought about 330......ish

cheers

I've got the same spec as you and Surrey Rolling Road told me...

@1.2bar

392 FWBHP

395 lb Torque

327 RWBHP

I don't know how trust worthy Surrey Rolling Road Ltd are but a few of us went down there last year and the BPU figures all came out similar to mine +- 10 bhp.

Guest Flat4_ire
would the figure's be any different if this car was a uk?

no probably not seeing as the tubbies or injectors arent standard, so it would be the same if a uk spec went single

Isn't 1.2 bar right at the edge of where u should run stock jspec tubbies? just curious as I'm headed in that direction.

Is it possible to be boosting to 1.0 bar with the front cat still in or is my gauge reading high?

No boost controller or restrictor ring.

unusual but not impossible to run 1 bar with only one cat in especially in the cold weather.

i believe from advice i've had from others on this forum 1.2 bar is the general safety limit but have also heard some people going to 1.3+. It all depends on what condition your tubbies are in. Another major thing to bare in mind is whether your car has the correct fueling etc to cope with the extra boost, as theres no point otherwise.

someone explained it to me like this....if you burn the candle at both ends it will burn out quicker but to what extent knowbody knows.

unusual but not impossible to run 1 bar with only one cat in especially in the cold weather.

i believe from advice i've had from others on this forum 1.2 bar is the general safety limit but have also heard some people going to 1.3+. It all depends on what condition your tubbies are in. Another major thing to bare in mind is whether your car has the correct fueling etc to cope with the extra boost, as theres no point otherwise.

someone explained it to me like this....if you burn the candle at both ends it will burn out quicker but to what extent knowbody knows.

Ok dude. Thanks. I think I will strive for 1.05-1.1 bar when bpu.

Only way to be sure is to get it on a rolling road.

I took mine the other week, with similar mods to yours

1.2 bar

Nur Spec

Walbro

TRL FCD

IK24s

Front De cat

I came out at about 366 at the wheels.

but then it all depends how well your car is running. Another member who should have crucified me got a really bad figure just because his car wasn't running well. (I hasten to add it is now running sweetly and he got a very impressive figure on a recent run)

Mike

Thats very impressive, I run around the same set-up but full de-cat, Uk spec, Blitz FMIC and induction kit and only got 329 at the wheels running optimax, that was at Surrey RR though..! :(

Thats very impressive, I run around the same set-up but full de-cat, Uk spec, Blitz FMIC and induction kit and only got 329 at the wheels running optimax, that was at Surrey RR though..! :(

Yeah I must admit I wasn't expecting anywhere near that figure, and part of me suspects it's wrong. However I got 4 consistent power runs, so either the road is miles out, or my car is running sweet, with perhaps a few hidden goodies I don't know about.

Does this figure sound reasonable to people, or should I get a second opinion at another road. btw, the graph is in my garage.

Mike

different RRs will give different results.

Wildly different some times.

A cynic might even suspect that there is a competition for the most inflationary 'estimates'.

Your figures look less preposterous than those of others with similar spec.

Nothing wrong with that.

you git you done me by 2 bhp ! but i was using BP ultimate, wonder if optimax would have made a difference ;)

• 2 years later...

i know this is an old thread but was wondering how much torque you guys think i should have.to explain,we are holding a rolling road day and for a bit of fun we are going to guess our bhp and torque figures.i want to win:dlol.

the last rr day i had 367bhp and 401ft/lb torque,that was bpu running 1 bar of boost and since then all i have done is add a boost controller.was going to run it at 1.2 bar or can anyone tell me if i could go higher?cheers.