The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sound Deadening

Max Headroom

putting deadmats of any kind on the outer skins of the doors is a waste of time and money, unless you seal the inners to.

I have 13 years experience in this, and hope to post up some info shortly.

Meantime keep you hand in your pocket. My last Supra was BMW 5 series quiet in the tyre noise department, howvere I could hear the engine and exhaust at the perfect level (well for me anyway).

Matbe of fox fancy doing his motor, I can take pics this time.

click here >>http://www.noisekiller.co.uk - Sound Proofing Materials Noisekiller Non Adhesive Acoustic Floor Mat --- you need enough to put your boot carpet over and draw around (make it a wee bit bigger then trim gently) so you have one of these below the boot mat.

Noisekiller Self-Adhesive Barrier Mat - 2 meters of this applied to the outer panels of the door and the rear quarter panel. Make sure surface is totally clean and dry before fitting.

From your local motor factor - Autochem - autoflex sound deadening mats large size. you need 3 boxes. This dont like bending when cold. Apply with heat gun to the inner door skin and make it air tight as possible. Use gaffa tape for the small holes around the edges. This is tricky on the doors but very worthwhile. Do the same on the rear quarters, they are the biggest offenders. Leave a slot for the seat belt, with some of the paper still on behind. With the heat gun you can melt it onto the speaker box. BEFORE you seal the rear quarters fit this stuff

Fire Retardent Acoustic Foam SA12(FR), SA12(FR)SA, SA25(FR), SA25(FR)SA click here>>http://www.soundservice.co.uk/Soundabsorptionmaterials.htm

you want to stuff the quarters with this after fitting the barrier mat to the outer skin of the QP. Also you can out this stuff in the boot sides behind the panels

Basically your trying to make an air tight seal behind materials that stop noise. I'l be happy to do it for you but you are miles away!

any probs let me know. Suggets you have the Supra workshop manual cd handy for reference of removing and re fitting panels.

You need to take the back seat out, and thats real easy.