The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lambo Door Conversions

sarjo

At this stage just wondering if anyone had done this? How easy to fit, do they cope with the weight of the door etc. . .

Have seen other types of cars with this conversion, just wondering what it weas like on a supe

yeah the lambo conversion has been done to a supra. You have to be careful on which kit you buy thought as some are rubbish, i remember a member on here used to do a good kit for the mkiv.

Excellent - anyone know who???

My bet is that it will be poor quality, it will be a bitch to fit and won't be strong enough to support the weight of the Supra doors, which are big and heavy, so will put a hell a lot of leverage on the hinge and damper.

Definitely not a part I would buy off ebay.

Have a read of [thread=58155]THIS THREAD[/thread].

In my experience you should go for a GTF style kit, i bought a cheaper kit and now regret not getting the other. They have TWO rams per door to make it that bit easier to push up and pull down. It is not bolt on but done well will be mile better than the others. Just my opinion from experience i have had.

In my experience you should go for a GTF style kit, i bought a cheaper kit and now regret not getting the other. They have TWO rams per door to make it that bit easier to push up and pull down. It is not bolt on but done well will be mile better than the others. Just my opinion from experience i have had.

Cheers - will look those up. Not sure if Lambos are the thing to do - they just look good on other cars. Has to be the right type of car tho me thinks.

It is true that they are a lot more of a pain in the arse to fit but if you do i right it will be a lot better performance.

My doors were bolt on, then they needed welding anyway and are a right pain in the arse to use. I usually squeeze out rather than mess about lifting the door.

I had mine done a few years ago though and i presume the kits have come on a bit now.

Oh and i think the universal one i have put a link for can go higher than most bolt ons.

Saying all that mine doo look good when they are up and you can see throught the soop.

I have fitted Lambo Door Kits to Honda's before and although they can look good when fitted and adjusted right I really would never have them. Most of the kits I have done the customers have regreted having them and say they are not easy to use and are quite impractical. One has even had them taken off again and gone back to normal doors!!

If you do want them then I suggest you find a good quality kit, and get them fitted and adjusted right. I have seen quite a few damaged doors/wings/A pillars etc because they haven't been adjusted right in the first place.

• 1 month later...
Guest Supersonic

Being polite, and as a forum noobie, i'm keen not to appear argumentative

or being a pillock, but I see the cost of the Lambo-door kits and just had

to wonder about the sanity of those who are willing to pay £500 or more

for what is nothing more special than a iron-casting, a fancy door hinge

and a couple of gas arm struts!!!!!

If this price included a pair of modded doors, and the fitting as part of the

kit then fair enough, but i'm guessing it doesnt.

Anyone into machine milling and who can source the right power of gas

strut could probably wholesale the kit for, IMHO, £100 tops?

Or am i being the densest blonde in the room here and missing soemthing?