The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eagle F1 tyres on the front. Not too impressed.

RedM

Love em on the back. Oh happy days.

On the front however. :( When they are cold they seem to slip when a lot of lock is applied. They also dont inspire confidence at speed in anything over than dry conditions.

Mr. Canny mentioned this to me before I got mine and I can see what he meant.

Anyone else found this and what did you do about it?

Guest Flat4_ire
I think mine are 30 all round at the moment but thats on 16" wheels if that makes any difference.

yeah well mine are 30 all round on 17s, not 100% sure on 18s but id imagine 36 is a little high guys

You need the same tyres all round in order to be able to compare accurately - I had some godawful shite P6000's on my MKIII once and it understeered to buggery!

The F1's are less absolutely grippy than some tyres, but IMO they are more tactile than SO-2's (what I replaced with F1's) and far more informative.

the eagle f1 tread pattern means it takes a little longer to generate the heat in them for their designed operating temp. I changed to F1s last year and I found that although they didn't provide the initial grip as my old SP9000's they did however start producing more grip once they were upto temp.

They are great for the wet... due to the water clearing tread layout.

And they performed excellent on the 'ring last year in dry conditions.