The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any ideas on the vaule of a Manual UK TT??

Guest James99

Guest James99

Hi Guys,

I'm in the military and have just got back from 2 month deployment and am unfortunately being sent away again in may until xmas. It is therefore, with much regret i might add, that i am contemplating selling my beloved supra.

I'm not sure i'll actually be able to bring myself to sell her but i really don't want her to sit in my drive for the best part of a year decomposing due to lack of use so i think i'd rather see her going to a good home!!! Can anyone give me an idea of what it's worth??

The car is a black '93 manual UK spec TT with 114K on the clock. It's fairly stock by most peoples standards but has got an HKS induction kit, HKS dump valve, HKS dragger exhaust, greddy boost controller, a fully upgraded sound system and lush 19" alloys (even if i do say so myself!!).

It's in good condition with long MOT and tax. I guess the market will be pretty slack at the moment but what does everyone think it's worth? (presuming i can actually part with it!!)

Cheers,

James.

Guest James99

Cheers for the reply John,

The paintwork is in pretty good condition although there is a small mark on the edge of the door where it has been opened into something!! again the interior is in really good condition, there are some signs of wear on the drivers seat but the passengers seat is fine. Think the car has had 3 previous owners from new.

There is a full service history with the car and it has been regulary serviced with all the receipts and stamps in the logbook. It sailed through the last MOT which i think shows that it's been kept in good order!!

3 previous owners isn't above average for a UK car - and there are people looking for a manual one.

I would have thought that late spring would be a better time to sell it, perhaps starting with a realistic asking price bit below £10K:search:

Guest James99

cheers for the advice. I'm not in any desperate rush to sell the car so i'll perhaps hold onto it for a couple more months.

Being in a rush to sell always costs money.

The one I bought was from a guy who had been trying to sell it for a few months (I had seen it in autotrader but kept still)

In the end he sold it to me 9 months after he had bought it, at a £1.5K loss. I know because I also met the owner before him, and he was apparently also trying to buy it back using a 'proxy'.

Had this guy *not* been in a rush to sell (he only had one parking space and also had a company car now) it would have fetched a lot more. But he wouldn't wait, and took a bigger loss.

Guest James99

Sounds like you got a bargain!!

i don't need to sell, it's through choice rather than necessity so hopefully i'll be able to get a price that's good for both me and the eventual buyer (if there is such a price!! ;) )