The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any1 help?

rob_g

Iv finally sold my showcar and bought myself a supra.

Iv got a couple of questions tho..

i. on automatics what is the red button? because its an import and i cant read japanese lol, and also are the P,N,R,D etc ment to light up when lights are on?

ii. and when im driving along somtimes the door warning light flashes on and off with the warning light near the rev counter but iv gone round and checked the doors etc, any1 know whats wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Rob

oyeh and 1 last question lol.... the "manual" button near the gearstick, how does that work etc??

(iv probably made myself look a right plank but where better to find out than on here with the experts! ;) )

Hello & Welcome to the club mate.

The red button is to take the car out of P (Park) when the car is turned off (or you have a flat battery)

The lights on the dash tell you what gear you're in, P = Park, N = Neutral, R = Reverse, D = Drive.

The Manu button is to drive the car manually. L = 1st, 2 = 2nd, D = 3rd & 4th.

You'll no doubt discover the O/D (overdrive) button too. With 'O/D Off' you have no 4th gear. The O/D button is good for when you're tootling along in 4th and you wanna overtake. Turn O/D off and you'll change down a gear to 3rd before you overtake. This avoids having to engage a 'kickdown' during a takeover maneuver.

Hope that helps dude!

BTW, what car you got? TT or N/A. Oh yeah, wheres the pics?

Hope the following helps

Iv finally sold my showcar and bought myself a supra.

Iv got a couple of questions tho..

i. on automatics what is the red button? because its an import and i cant read japanese lol, and also are the P,N,R,D etc ment to light up when lights are on? It allows you to move out of park with the engine off and without the key in the ignition barrel.

ii. and when im driving along somtimes the door warning light flashes on and off with the warning light near the rev counter but iv gone round and checked the doors etc, any1 know whats wrong? You need to check the postion of the door knocks, it sounds like it has been pushed back a bit to far, the door knock presses agains the switch that stops the warning light being illuminated. I sorted mine by moving it slightly and putting a little tape on it to switch the switch off

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Rob

oyeh and 1 last question lol.... the "manual" button near the gearstick, how does that work etc?? Allows you to hold in the first 3 gears, so from a stand, select "manual" and then "1" and put your foot on the accelerator, off you go, briskly, and the gearbox will not change until you select the next gear

(iv probably made myself look a right plank but where better to find out than on here with the experts! ;) )

cheers for the help guys!

yeh iv found the O/D button ;)

are the letters on the center console ment to light up when the lights are on??

conalex.... iv got a jspec N/A. il post some pix up soon, as i cleaned it today and took some just before it started snowing :( grrr.

Dazsir.... ok cheers bud, il try moving them around abit and see how i get on!

Rob

The PRND buttons by the gearstick light up. If they dont, its just 1 x1.4w capless bulp to change. Pull off the centre console trim around the gear lever and you can just see the two green wires going into the bulb holder. Its just a 1/4 turn to release it. Its a bit fiddly, but not too bad.

ok i will be the silly one

the red button is the flux capacitator

the flashing light tells you that your shortly aproaching time travel speed

the manu button is the ejector seat

ps correct answer above lol

oh and welcome

I thought the red button was the afterburner :confused:

btw :welcome: mate