The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member!

Guest Jimbob

Guest Jimbob

Hey everyone, new member here - just signed up!

Currently on the hunt for a manual N/A supra (according to the informative PDF's this is J-Spec only!), currently have a BMW E30 which I've messed around with the block and formed a 2.7ltr engine, 200bhp and torque to match. The 0-60 time is about 6.5 seconds depending on traction!

My main query with this post apart from saying hello :) I was just wondering what the tuning potential of the N/A engine really is, as I want performance to match that of the BMW and to be honest, exceed it (bearing in mind the e30 is a light car). But due to age a TT Supra isn't an option :D

I've spotted a nice looking black Supra on ebay which has a few extras for a J-Spec car, namely the LSD :) and looks absolutely mint and damn low mileage.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section - mods feel free to move/delete!

Hi mate - welcome to the fold (potentially!). The N/A offers far less in terms of tuning potential AFAIK - decat, filter and a few bits more from memory. Hang around for a minute and the 'Single Brigade' will be suggesting one upgrade at least! The N/A had 225bhp as standard - not sure how much more the upgrades will release.

:welcome: to the nuthouse mate. :looney:

Obviously a single conversion is out of the question as you mention your age. Not sure how much other mods would increase power.

some one will be along soon and help you out.

You will find Supra's also have indicators fitted as standard! :D

Guest Flat4_ire
Hey everyone, new member here - just signed up!

Currently on the hunt for a manual N/A supra (according to the informative PDF's this is J-Spec only!), currently have a BMW E30 which I've messed around with the block and formed a 2.7ltr engine, 200bhp and torque to match. The 0-60 time is about 6.5 seconds depending on traction!

My main query with this post apart from saying hello :) I was just wondering what the tuning potential of the N/A engine really is, as I want performance to match that of the BMW and to be honest, exceed it (bearing in mind the e30 is a light car). But due to age a TT Supra isn't an option :D

I've spotted a nice looking black Supra on ebay which has a few extras for a J-Spec car, namely the LSD :) and looks absolutely mint and damn low mileage.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section - mods feel free to move/delete!

going for the alpina buzz??

But due to age a TT Supra isn't an option :D

unless you are very young i don't see a TT being out of the question insurance wise. My non turbo models have always been more expensive than my TT's.

I don't think its realistic to get a NA to perform that much better if any over your old beemer.

You sound like you are quite happy to tinker with your cars so maybe a budget TT that needs a little tlc is the way to go.......

Guest Jimbob

I'm 20 and soon to have 2 years no claims - hence why I don't think a TT will be insurable, my best quote so far for N/A (not from Sky) is £1200 for an import. My limit is £5k and I need as my daily car unfortunately, I think I need to test drive some N/A's to see if the power (or lack of) will suit me, to be honest the car looks so nice that performance may well go out the window as a requirement.

Cheers for all the decent comments.

Try a few quotes on a Jap TT and UK TT, you may have a few surprises! NA's are generally as much or more to insure than the TT's, crazy I know, but thats how it is.

ANyway, for £5k you should get a good N/A, but TT's will at that price will probably be high mileage or not so good condition.

If you like to tinker with the engines I don't think the NA is the right car, getting anything more than 20-30 bhp extra out of it will cost big money.

Guest Jimbob

I'm not looking to overly modify it, just a few bolt-on accessories and try not to do anything internally (cams etc) but still see an extra 20-30bhp like you say. Is this a little adventurous?