The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've Spent Ages . . . .

sarjo

Trying to find a thread I once read, printed out and put safe about what to look for when considering buying a Supra. It was quite a detailed thread but cant remember its author. It discussed what to look for, taking it up to certain revs etc. :(

I put it so darned safe - I cant remember where!!!!

Any ideas guys . . . please. I am seeing a Supe in the morning!!!!!!!

Isn't it a bit late dude?? I think I know the car you bought and you didn't bid to test drive you bid to buy lol. I have myself seen this car in the flesh and I'll be very surprised if you are dissapointed. Guy that owned it knows his sh*t as well so it'll be top notch mechanically.

Not doubting that the car isnt as good as it sounds for one minute, quite a few people have told me that its pukka lol.

Just want to look like I know what i'm doing when I get there, and to get a few ideas. Why would the car have blown the top of a plug a few months ago is my only concern when I get there, so any little bit of advice is appreciated, if there's a problem with the car i wanna know what I'm letting myself in for.

One piece of advice. Never go to a reasonable tuners lair and pretend you know what you are talking about. You'll look like a twit and any advice about the car he may otherwise afford you might not be as forthcoming. You could have done with asking here your concerns before bidding really. If its something that has come out since bidding then I suggest you ask for some time to get independent advice about it.

One piece of advice. Never go to a reasonable tuners lair and pretend you know what you are talking about. You'll look like a twit .

Dont intend doing that db, i just want to go in armed with a bit of knowledge about the basic to look fors . . .

Rightly or wrongly, with the money being paid for this car i am some what a little trusting of the seller. Folders of receipts should show what work has been carried out and when. After that i guess its fingers crossed like it is when buying any used car. Oh, and a reserve in the accounts in preperation for the worst!