The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help

jazz1

:( can any one tell me, basically i was driving at night and it was about 2 in the morning coming back from a party with my mates. i was not drunk neither speeding it was in a fiat punto. as i came to the roundabout i braked as i saw a police car coming and just missed as my car skidded. when i had a letter thing come through the post i replied not guilty as i stated i saw a animal run pass me and i braked, but at the time i did not tell them about the animal. i was thinking when i go to court i could say i was in state of shock as such a thing has never happend to me. what will happen will i just get a fine? as i was not speeding neither drunk and i didnt hit the cops, i just attempted an emergency break. they did not have there siren on they were coming from the right i saw them at a split second and did any emergency break. they are taking me to court for CARELESS driving, but how can i be careless as i was attempting an emergency break and did not hit there car. i followed the road traffic rules by attempting the emergency break? The letter states DROVE WITHOUT DUE CARE AND ATTENTION

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are they charging you with dangerous driving or not? If they are its a very serious charge you should not take lightly.

What EXACTLY does it state in the letter they sent you? Did the police car have its emergency light on and did it have the siren on?

it didnt say dangerous driving it said careless driving? but i didnt even hit them i attempted an emergency break and was not speeding which they agreed and was not drunk which they checked

That's great but what did the letter actually say?

lol im just gona pay a solicitor to fight for me, them wankers are making a big deal over nothing, as they did not have the siren on or neither did i hit there car, there taking me to court because i did a emergency break and did not see them, which makes me an careless driver to them, but how can i be as i attempted an emergency break?