The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What should i do first?

sarjo

Hopefully picking up my first Supra in ten days time :D . It has good service history and quite a few engine mods, but not sure when it was last tuned and tweaked (I will ask tomorrow).

This may seem a silly question but whats the first thing i should get checked out and tested, was hoping to get it dyno'd so could all this be done at the same time?

Dont really want to blow the bloody thing up on its first outing!!!

its a beast, where abouts are you comming from, - TRAVELLING FROM EXETER, DEVON

ive seen the engine, that turbo is huge - HOPE SO!!!

I think a guy called simon did a lot of the tuning, he used to work for japspeed-racing, great guy - YEP! JAPSPEED'S LOOKED AFTER IT AND DONE ALL THE WORK FOR HIM!!

NA or TT? What year? UK or Jap? Fresh import? What modifications? etc, etc. Need to know details of the car ideally, to be able to give specific advise.

From memory - its a 94/95, imported in 2000? Was a tt until it was replaced with a single. New ECU, 910/920? injectors, cat remember the rest - will have to post the rest when I get home, unless I can post a link, i'll give it a go.

If you've bought a highly tuned car like that I'd recommend you get it to an experienced Supra tuner before using it in anger (esp. rolling road!). Somewhere like Phoenix in Watford, turbofit, etc.

:thumbs: Totally agree with you homer. My next question will be, any recommendations? bit difficult living down south, Devon isnt exactly the ideal location for a choice in experienced Supra tuners!!!

If you've bought a highly tuned car like that I'd recommend you get it to an experienced Supra tuner before using it in anger (esp. rolling road!). Somewhere like Phoenix in Watford, turbofit, etc.

Agreed, but I would personally take it to the tuners that have done all the work on it, as they should know the car better than anyone. Get them to thoroughly check it over, as you need to make sure everything is in good working order before using it. I would also get a full service done.

Also find out as much history of the car as possible from the owner.

I know that car! It was owned by Leon (Not JPS Leon), I think he had his own garage do the work on the car (I got a feeling he owned it). Its a nice motor with very high spec, last time I spoke to him he was talking about fitting a 3.4 stroker kit - not sure if he did it in the end.

BTW: Do you realise how loud that thing is, the screamer pipe exits through the side skirt :D

:thumbs: Totally agree with you homer. My next question will be, any recommendations? bit difficult living down south, Devon isnt exactly the ideal location for a choice in experienced Supra tuners!!!

You are going to need a lot of expert tuning help, to run and maintain a car like that. Worth driving 100's of miles to make sure it is properly maintained.

I know that car! It was owned by Leon (Not JPS Leon), I think he had his own garage do the work on the car (I got a feeling he owned it). Its a nice motor with very high spec, last time I spoke to him he was talking about fitting a 3.4 stroker kit - not sure if he did it in the end.

BTW: Do you realise how loud that thing is, the screamer pipe exits through the side skirt :D

Didnt get round to the stroker kit, still running the custom turbo. HOW LOUD? Wouldnt pass the sound test on a track day then????

Didnt get round to the stroker kit, still running the custom turbo. HOW LOUD? Wouldnt pass the sound test on a track day then????

Not a hope in hell mate

Edit - although some tracks don;t have noise restrictions. Also, you could have the screamer pipe re-routed back to the Exhuast.

I wondere what the gearchange is like with the AEM ECU. Weren't there some issues with the AEM on Supra auto transmissions?

Just spent lunch reading up on all your comments about this in technical. Should be ok as long as its set up ok. Could always change the box!!!

"Twin turbos and manifolds have been discarded in favour of an HKS exhaust manifold GT Spec complete with HKS external wastegate, excess gasses are fed to the side exit screamer pipe. Bolted to this manifold is a custom trim GT35/42 by Turbo Dynamics. "

:help: ANYBODY ANY EXPERIENCE OF THIS?