The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible track day, Interested?

Mcgoo

Hi there, I'm pretty new to the events lark and have yet to meet you all but thought some of you might be interested in this if i could sort it out.

On the 22nd and 23rd of april RAF Marham is opening up its airfield for a "track day' kind of affair to raise funds for the various station charities. This has been done once before, last october, and I took my 300ZX round it was a good laugh and great value. It is meant to be for service personel but as its for charity i would be suprised if they turned away civilians as long as it was sorted in advance.

Last time the track was about 4 miles long and incorperated the main runway which is just over 1.5 miles long. There was a couple of fast corners and a few slow shicanes. There was also a speed trap at the end of the runway but this has yet to be confirmed for this year.

The cost is 30quid for the saturday which will have at least 3 x 20 minute sessions and 60 quid for the sunday 6x20 minute sessions.

Anyway, i'll be taking my soop round this time and thought some of you might wanna do the same. I'm gonna need to know some rough numbers asap so i can try and sort it, and nearer the time i'll need names and addresses for security clearance purposes.

so...

Added to calendar Here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=304&day=2006-4-22 (22nd)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=304&day=2006-4-23 (23rd)

1. McGoo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here do you know what the surface is like fella :cool:

Surface is good. probably 95% tarmac and a little concrete but all in exellent condition. Main runway is as smooth as a babies bottom! No one had a bad word to say about it last year.

Speed trap update....

As i said earlier last year there was a speed trap at the end of the main runway apparrently it was supplied by the farrari owners club and they're not attending this time so we havent got that one! Organisers are trying to locate another.... so i will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
Last time the track was about 4 miles long and incorperated the main runway which is just over 1.5 miles long.

I'm actually a bit concerned about this. Will there be groups of cars hammering along the straight at full chat? If so, this sounds just plain dangerous to me.

Some of the cars of members on here can get into the 120's in a quarter mile from a standstill. If they were to enter the runway off a corner at, say 40mph, they'll be way over 160 before they start slowing down.

Now I'm all for getting this sort of experience, but if there's other cars on the straight at the same time, things can happen extremely quickly, expecially if things go wrong. (Think of what a tyre burst could do in a group of cars doing over 150)

Perhaps McGoo could confirm the format of how this will be run? After all, even at TSC and TOTB, they only ever allow one car at a time to perform a high-speed run on the runway. The next car isn't normally released until the one in front has been confirmed as having left the track.

Anyone else have any thoughts?