The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual Supra bhp?

SilverSoop

Hi guys wonderin if can help, other than my 18'' gewatt wheels, my car is standard. Ive got a manual n/a j-spec 94 silver supra. Does n e 1 no what the bhp figure and the 0-60 time is 4 a manual j-spec 94. Ithink its 240bhp and 6seconds to 60??????:rolleyes:

Thanx. Shane.

Silver 94 j-spec n/a supra. 18'' gewatt racing deep dish gold alloys

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Flat4_ire
I thought that the first word is spelled "doz"
6.5 seems a bit kind now lads in all fairness, my toyota altezza (standard 2.0 N/A 210bhp beams yamaha engine) does 0-60 in 7.1 seconds, and is some 300kg lighter than the supra...lets be honest about it here eh?

tt books at 5.0 and320bhp,na 5.9 and 225bhp, the na is about 6ok lighter and geared a bit lower,ive got a na and gone toe2toe twice with tt and to 60 there aint much in it(just over a cars lengh)but 60-130mph the tt wastes a na,at least4 secs,around the b roads a tt could not lose me but on the a roads there gone,if you look at the video posts of tt aving it ur notice its not untill50mph+that the tt reals most things in and blow em away

Guest Flat4_ire
tt books at 5.0 and320bhp,na 5.9 and 225bhp, the na is about 6ok lighter and geared a bit lower,ive got a na and gone toe2toe twice with tt and to 60 there aint much in it(just over a cars lengh)but 60-130mph the tt wastes a na,at least4 secs,around the b roads a tt could not lose me but on the a roads there gone,if you look at the video posts of tt aving it ur notice its not untill50mph+that the tt reals most things in and blow em away
ok can someone please explain to me then how its possible for a 220bhp 1500kg supra to have a quicker 0.-60 than a 210bhp 1200kg toyota altezza????both rwd, and not by a small margin by the way some of you are talking, 1.3seconds faster???? why do u care anyway? if you wanted a good 0-60 machine u wudnt have bought non turbo 1500kg supra (and im sure theres not much in in torque wise either)

ok can someone please explain to me then how its possible for a 220bhp 1500kg supra to have a quicker 0.-60 than a 210bhp 1200kg toyota altezza????both rwd, and not by a small margin by the way some of you are talking, 1.3seconds faster???? why do u care anyway? if you wanted a good 0-60 machine u wudnt have bought non turbo 1500kg supra (and im sure theres not much in in torque wise either)

Torque. Ones a 3.0 Inline 6 and the other a high revving 2.0 4-banger right?

The way I have always understood it was down to the amount of torque but also the gearing if its high geared or low gear also has if its been optimized for certain acceleration for example in a manual supra n/a you may be able to get to 60 with 1 gear change i.e. 1st to 2nd in the Altezza it may have to be put into 3rd gear to reach 60 therefore another gear change making it slower :)

Guest Flat4_ire
The Altezza?

Are you sure? In that case, cross off the torque thingie :D

yes, there were no turbo altezza's (from factory anyway) there are a few knocking about now with trust turbo conversions

tt books at 5.0 and320bhp,na 5.9 and 225bhp, the na is about 6ok lighter and geared a bit lower,ive got a na and gone toe2toe twice with tt and to 60 there aint much in it(just over a cars lengh)

You sure!!:D I have left a N/A as a spot in my rear view mirror and that was to 60mph:D . Stock too a time. The N/A 0-60 is 6.8 secs. with a good launch.

ArdZ

Guest Flat4_ire
You sure!!:D I have left a N/A as a spot in my rear view mirror and that was to 60mph:D . Stock too a time. The N/A 0-60 is 6.8 secs. with a good launch.

ArdZ

i doubt the n/a has shorter ratios, may find out