The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear-ended

Bob

This morning was one of the few mornings that I've given in to my nagging little voices in my head, and decided to take the soop to work instead of the AX-plastic-fantastic.

Just as well really, if I'd been in the AX I have no doubt I would have been seriously hurt.

There's me, sat stationery at the Ashby / Tescos island at 6:30 in the morning, waiting to go. And then the Honda Prelude (that had already pulled out in front of me earlier :rolleyes: ) ploughed straight into the back of me.

His excuse? "I just skidded and didn't stop". No shit, Sherlock.

Anyway, thank god for Toyota's over-engineering - hopefully should get away with just a new rear bumper :)

The Prelude on the other hand, well, I think the pics speak for themselves.

:woohoo: At least they've accepted full responsibility; Norwich Union have phoned me to let me know they'll sort out the repairs as soon as possible.

Hopefully the repair garage will be able to confirm whether there's any further damage; i've had a look in the boot and underneath and it doesn't seem like there's anything else damage (other than a particularly squashed bit of polystyrene!). From what I can tell, he pretty much hit the area where that bloody big metal box section sits, knocking off one whole flake of rust!

Thanks guys.

Norwich Union are asking me to get a quote from their 'approved repairer', however I'm somewhat skeptical, in as much as I can't help thinking that they would only fix as little as necessary. Would you guys suggest I push to take the car to an independent garage?

Also thinking of 'upgrading' to the Miami-GT Trail rear bumper - just have to work out how I get round various issues.

When I had my bump in a previous car the insurance company told me to get a quote from 3 companies and they sent a cheque in my name for a average of the 3.

I then went to a comlete different garage that a mate works at and with the money got the parts I needed that were damaged and had a complete respray :)

Just depends whether your insurance company send the cheque in the companies name.