The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh no....

penguin

Had an accident in the sup on sat night. Was at a give way and bloke in a rover metro cut the corner too sharp and went into me...

only damage i have is slight paintwork missing on the bumper and drivers side headlight scratched... :(

his rover on the other hand.... drivers side back door dented - chassis damage!

i got him to sign and date a piece of paper saying he collided with me.. spoke to him yesterday, and he changed his story saying i went into him :spank: :bang:

said he would rather have the money from me to repair his "pride and joy..." ... the bumper is more expensive then his metro lol

so... what are the chances of his insurance paying up for his mistake - bearing in mind i have a signed document accepting blame ... which he no doubt will contest.... :( ??

on a happier note, may "upgrade" to uk spec lights and diffrent front end ;)

Sorry to hear that :(

Not what you want when trying to sell!

Lucky it wasn't worse mate.

If you have the doc then he has no arguement. He only changed his story on advice from his insurance company. My friend had the same situation but a signed statement at the time given to his insurance company = instant payout.

Just be careful to make sure that you mention that his manner (and yours) was friendly and non-confrontational.

I have seen cases collapse where once simple comment was made "I signed that under duress" Nothing to stop him saying that he felt afraid and that he felt pressured into signing something which he did not think to be true but tried to avoid confrontation, helped along by the shock of the "accident".

Make it clear that you were both very factual and relaxed about the sitation, you asked if he would have any objection to signing a document to support his admission of guilt and he freely agreed...etc etc etc

Just my 2p mate

I don't think that such papers are worth anything in real life, because they can always argue 'heat of the moment' 'duress' etc etc.

GOOD clear pictures with both cars in place are far better because it helps assess the FACTS later on. I wouldn't allow any car to move before the pics are taken, even if it means blocking a junction for a minute or two.

Doesn't matter whose fault it is, these usually go 50/50 in the end and you'll be the guy with the a lot to lose afterwards (discosing the accident year after year etc)

GOOD clear pictures with both cars in place are far better because it helps assess the FACTS later on. I wouldn't allow any car to move before the pics are taken

...but not digital pics. Apparently insurance companies (and cops?) disregard digital images because they may have been tampered with.

Seems silly to me but that's what I've been told.

...but not digital pics. Apparently insurance companies (and cops?) disregard digital images because they may have been tampered with.

There are very cheap cameras that you can keep in the glovebox.

When you hear 'bang' then you jump out with the camera and start taking pictures.

If they don't help your cause, you don't have to show them to anyone. As a bonus, people will be reluctant to change their story later if they remember you taking pictures from all angles.;)

The insurance Cos we deal with send us digital pics all the time for their own clients. Sounds like they just don't like them when they're used against them...

I've just been doing a bit a reading and it seems that there are no issues with digital images after all. Sorry for any confusion - gawd knows where I got that idea from.

Seems there are some concerns but generally speaking digital is fine. Have a read of this if you are interested:

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/ld199798/ldselect/ldsctech/064v/st0501.htm

ok, well elephant have said i can either go to GSK motor services in henley-on-thames.... or i can get 2 quotes myself... i've looked at it today - i think i can t-cut the lot :D

anyone used gsk ?? or know of a local place i can get quotes? i'm based just outside high wycombe :)

• 2 weeks later...

had a call from elephant claims today - they said the other party are going for an all out injury claim :wanker: .... :thumbdown: ... asked how fast he was going, i said no more then 10 - 15mph cause he was obv gonna try and take a corner... seems its going tits up :swear: :mad: - but on the plus side, elephant said they are gonna take it to court as they cant see me being liable - no witnesses... clear road... and a piece of paper which I have ;)