The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats this colour

jamesmark

hi guys

i got this pic of the other thread about candy apple red but when i look on the net on various sights candy apple red looks nothing like what is on this car

so if it is candy apple red surely the 10+ sights i looked at cant all be wrong,

and if it is not candle apple red what is it?

candyapplered0tj.jpg

martin i thought i would let you know that for some reason i am seriously thinking of going from black to red

Don't you dare go red. You made your choice and went for the oh-so desirable black. You made your bed, now you gotta lie in it with the several thousand other owners of black Supras.

You can't just go red. You have to red from the start. Now run off and toss your caber, Scotty. :D

lol, its maybe 2 years down the line but i want to get her right first, i am sick of the sight of peter (sbits) as every thing is going wrong at moment with her, but they are all niggles nothing major at moment (touch wood)

i have the body to change now, perter said he will fit it for me and then paint a few choices

black

black with paint flecs in it (like the catlaunya scooby)

ferrari red

kandy apple red

lightning blue

Sorry mate theres no red paint at all, the red is in the laquer, underneath you have gold/silver undercoat...

Its a bugger if you scratch it though as the more coats you put on the darker it gets so you cant "blow in" small marks...

Well thats just painted differently from how I've seen it done.

Silver base yeah, but then a couple of red layers, and then loads of clear coated ones.