The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few more bodymods over the weekend....

Sub_Culture

Got a little more done on the car over the weekend (hence why I wasnt at Boxhill). The front of the sideskirts are pretty much blended in now, as are the rear spats (the diffuser should turn up this week with a bit of luck, which should finish the back end nicely).

In the mean time, Ive taken the spoiler off, taken the rear wiper off and removed the aerial. Hope to weld these up this week. Here is a couple of pics when i first took the spoiler off. Totally transforms the car, and I absolutely love it! Makes her look so clean and sleek in the flesh. She looks wider too without the spoiler? Weird??

AND you probably thought I had forgot about the front of the car.... NOT SO! Ive got a Bomex bumper to go on the front, but Ive changed it slightly just, again, to make her a little smoother. Here's a couple of before and afters...

The indicators will be incorporated into the headlights, so the bumper will be much smoother without the big foglights and indicators, so it should be a little simpler than the standard jobbie to match in with the rest of the car.Hope you all like her latest changes! Door handles should be gone within a couple of weeks, then I can start thinking about painting her.

Andy

Looking good, what colour are you going for?

Thanks very much for all your comments, guys.

WELL, Ive decided to keep supporting the white corner and KEEP the car white! (WOOP WOOP! :D ) But just to give her a little extra, Im going to put a white groundcoat over her, then mix up a little House of Kolor White Sparkle in the final few coats to give her a little extra appeal.

I thought about a TRD spoiler, but I want the car to look as smooth as possible, hence losing the door handles, wiper, aerial etc etc, and I think a spoiler will just 'clutter' the back end up again, so shes going to stay spoilerless!

Andy

Love what you've done with the front end Andy... removing the spotlights really makes an interesting difference.

Removing door handles? Superb. Will you be fitting buttons under the mirrors a la TVR? Great stuff mate, it's been interesting seeing the progress with your car.

Love what you've done with the front end Andy... removing the spotlights really makes an interesting difference.

Removing door handles? Superb. Will you be fitting buttons under the mirrors a la TVR? Great stuff mate, it's been interesting seeing the progress with your car.

Cheers, Ben. Yep, buttons to open the doors will either be on my remote fob or TVR stylee under the mirrors. The first thing I decided that had to go when i got my Soop was those door handles! They stick out further than the wing mirrors, Im sure??? Kinda look like they've come off a Panzer tank! Really spoiler the nice smooth lines of the car.

Andy