The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unfairly Treated By Member !!

TT-DEK

I feel like ive been treated unfairly by a member on this forum! REASONS WHY.

This is the story; YOUR comments are quite welcome as your views as potencial buyers this could affect you some time.

1. I bought various goods of fellow members quite recently, and one being an APEXI-SAFC. This i paid in good faith by cheque £125.00.

I received this item which may i add, was packed very well in a box.

2. I then took all by items i bought including the safc to turbofit to be fit along with other work i was having done!.

3. On the istallation of the safc, the harness was fit / wired in, and then the unit was fit. Turbofit then asked me to view this and could see that the unit

( Although) powered up, did not respond when trying to alter the display.

They said i had a faulty part?.

I did question whether it was wired up correctly, and i must confess, i felt embarrased asking this question, as i know nothing at all regarding wiring.

They said they are sure, and to prove this they fit a new one in front of my eyes which worked fine, the displays altered as they should, and that is

using the wiring harness i supplied!.

4. On returning home, i pm,d the supplier of this part, and the comment i got back was that it was fine when it left him!, you can ask 2 members on the forum to vouch for him even though these members or one of the members resides in Bristol, miles from him.

5. NOW to this i replied that this could go round in circles and could we comprimise on this situation. I HAVE not had a reply for over a week now, and this member is on most nights??.

I am the victim here, and i am willing to comprmise????.

6. At the moment i am a little bitter because this member has not contacted me, and i feel ive been ripped off. Yes, i know this could have got a knock in the delivery to me! and this was sold in good faith to ME. But i bought in good faith as well, and it has cost me more money to replace and time by the team fitting this!!.

7. PLEASE COMMENT AS SURELY IM NOT IN THE WRONG HERE.:search:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like ive been treated unfairly by a member on this forum! REASONS WHY.

This is the story; YOUR comments are quite welcome as your views as potencial buyers this could affect you some time.

1. I bought various goods of fellow members quite recently, and one being an APEXI-SAFC. This i paid in good faith by cheque £125.00.

I received this item which may i add, was packed very well in a box.

2. I then took all by items i bought including the safc to turbofit to be fit along with other work i was having done!.

3. On the istallation of the safc, the harness was fit / wired in, and then the unit was fit. Turbofit then asked me to view this and could see that the unit

( Although) powered up, did not respond when trying to alter the display.

They said i had a faulty part?.

I did question whether it was wired up correctly, and i must confess, i felt embarrased asking this question, as i know nothing at all regarding wiring.

They said they are sure, and to prove this they fit a new one in front of my eyes which worked fine, the displays altered as they should, and that is

using the wiring harness i supplied!.

4. On returning home, i pm,d the supplier of this part, and the comment i got back was that it was fine when it left him!, you can ask 2 members on the forum to vouch for him even though these members or one of the members resides in Bristol, miles from him.

5. NOW to this i replied that this could go round in circles and could we comprimise on this situation. I HAVE not had a reply for over a week now, and this member is on most nights??.

I am the victim here, and i am willing to comprmise????.

6. At the moment i am a little bitter because this member has not contacted me, and i feel ive been ripped off. Yes, i know this could have got a knock in the delivery to me! and this was sold in good faith to ME. But i bought in good faith as well, and it has cost me more money to replace and time by the team fitting this!!.

7. PLEASE COMMENT AS SURELY IM NOT IN THE WRONG HERE.:search:

NAME AND SHAME:eyebrows:

I think you should try a bit more to resolve the issue with the seller.

Try emails, PMs whatever, and give him a few days leeway.

If you definately believe that he's avoiding you hoping for you to go away, then name him.

There is always the possibility that a wiring cockup damaged it, it's hard to say without a third party examining it. [/devil's advocate]

HI Richie. Can,t do that as yet.

I did get that comment back as i said, and i forgot to mention that he said maybe the fitting (quality was questionable). All i can say to that is ask SUPRADIBBS how good these are. He has had some major work done with TURBOFIT!!!!!

I can't see a member of this forum knowingly defrauding another member for a quick buck- what's the point- it ruins their rep and no-one would ever trade with them again- I'd be willing to split the £125 if I was the seller, or suggest you take it to someone who could tell you what's wrong with it?

just to add, I saw Dodgy's rear bumper at the weekend, which was very badly damaged as a result of this (the faulty SAFC). The exhaust gases reaching such a temperature on the test run that the paint was scorched for about 3inches around the exhaust.

hope you get this issue resolved D.

Mike

Very difficult position. If I'd sold something I knew to be working fine last I knew and it had been installed and now is not working, I'd be blaming the installers.

I wouldn't want to be giving refunds on something I sold and knew was working when it left me.

In the other way round as a buyer I'd expect it to work fine and want to go 50:50 at the least!

Personally I wouldn't buy electronics (or turbos) second hand. (without a receipt showing a warranty)

Maybe they cocked up accidentally installing yours, then did it correctly with the other one.

Maybe it was damaged in transit.

Maybe static electricity got it, or high humidity.

maybe, maybe....

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't accuse someone for deliberately flogging damaged bits as good, without having NO DOUBT whatsoever that they did so. ;)

I've bought myself several parts off other members here and never had any problems, so the goodwill is there.

EXACTLY!!!!!!. Im not saying this was sold to me iffy on purpose, like i said i pm,d him saying can we come to a comprimise. I have been polite in asking him this, but have not had a reply, or at the very least an offer to take it back and get it checked over. Like i said, i know nothing about these, all i know is that it would not work even with his harness. The new one they fit went straight on his harness and worked fine.

JOHN, as i said im not accusing him of knowing it was iffy, in fact i sure he wouln,t know, as someone just stated that for £125 quid, whats the point.

My problem is the dialogue / and sympathy from the seller, who seems to be avoiding my pm,s, when i can see that he on the forum.