The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I don't know where you lot find the Money!

whitesupratt

I have owned my supra TT, and been a member on here since last September. All I see and hear on here from you lot is 'my single is on its way', 'im getting new wheels tomorrow' 'respray' here and 'rebuild' there.

Im not badly paid, and live in a one bedroom flat, but I can barely afford to run it, never mind even fund buying some wheels.

I dont think i'll ever do half of what I would like...poer mods etc.

Where do you all find the finances for this stuff, cant believe your all loaded and MD's!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must be doing something wrong then! I have about £700 left after bills/rent on pay day. plus food!

But can't afford to do bugger all to a Supra with that. unless I wana never eat or leave my flat!

I need rear tyres for my stock rims and I'm having to go budget sorta tyres on them just to keep it on the road legaly! and I still have the rear 'wobble' unstable problem. (which apparently is my tyres being bald)

On a quick calculation I think in the 3.5 yrs I have had the Sup its cost about £18K to run without even including the £11K buying it! £1000pa insurance £3500pa fuel £1500+pa tyres/servicing/parts etc! I also dont know how some of you guys afford to keep throwing money at them?!

Do you all live with your mums eating beans on toast?

i couldnt afford to do all my 18-20k miles a year in the soop about 8 then 12 in my old audi 2.5 tdi and i have 4 sources of income not all big.im lucky i can afford a soop after paying for a nice house and three kids but as i tell my 18 year old povety son(£110 per week job) its a bonus of getting old 39 next month i would swap the soop and the house to be his age again

I don't smoke or spend on boozey weekends (well not often anyway ;) ) - so I justify the Supra as my vice.

Yeah similar here. I remember adding up how much I'd spent on changing and modifying cars in a 10 year period - I should've bought a Lamborghini at the beginning and kept that for 10 years on a 10 year loan, it would've been cheaper :faint:

Plus I'm sure I'm not the only one to use a credit card occasionally, or even house equity :whistle:

Me and my girlfriend both have ok jobs and we bought a house together. I have gave up smoking for the supra and health reason which gave me the excuse to spend money on the supra.

I tend to spend small amount on the supra every month or so, when I get bonus from work I will spend a bit more. Small amount = 150-250, large amount = 500-1000.

Whitesupratt, It is very hard to support this expensive hobbit I understand. Take it a step at a time, I find stock supra already beat 80% of the cars on UK road and mods are just to fuel the extra kick here and there :p

I got a mortgage to pay and I sent money back to HK for my family. I could get a FMIC every month if I don't need to do that but hey, real life is like that.

Small steps man, like other have said.

I dont spend much on my Supra, compared to the other owner in the family:D . Maybe running an NA and prefering the stock look helps. I may even sell if juggling the arrival of our first child and the cost of the car proves to much ( and I also have a well paid job).

I get enough enjoyment from the power she has and it was the look of the Supra that won me over:)