The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cheap tyres

lockys96

fucking crap mate, my dad bought them on his bmw before quickly replacing with goodyear eagle f1's, they have no grip it feels as if you have solid wooden tires mate rubbish DO NOT BUY not for a 300+bhp car no way

I didn't like the Kuhmos much either, had them on the NA and it stepped out quite easily in the rain.

I have Eagle F1 GSD3 all round and the difference has been astonashing.

255 sounds like a good price.

You'll see them from 115 - 180 or more. (without delivery)

i think it should get a sticky,

Funny thing is i found the ebay shop which GAMER recomended and said you wouldnt get much cheaper, look at ebay link doesnt look that cheap plus £10 postage.

There was a link to there webpage, and delivery is free on there and prices are cheaper, lol

Check out http://www.johnsonstyres.com/acatalog/FALKEN.html

hey todd, u have 11j wide rears? they dont look wide in your pics

That's cause she's FAT BETTY:D

No idea how wide my rears are, been told when I first joined here that I had the wrong offsets but TBH never had an issue with them.

Think the rear spats and the skirts take them in a bit as well, intend to get deep dish at some point in time but for now the ones on will do:)

a lot of people have recomended eagle f1's im not sure these prices will be beaten

275/35ZR18 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3 £127.66

245/45ZR18 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3 £106.55

265/35ZR18 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3 £125.20

Yep - about as good as you'll get.

Now go and buy them!! :)

How have you found the Hankook's? Do they grip well at the back?

Have you had any understeer from the front?

Cheers,

Ray

They seem quite good I can light up the rears if I wish but they do seem to give a good feel and grip well in wet and dry

but then mine is a slow NA :(

I have Nankang 235/40 zr 18 on my NA, they seem OK, i do not go hooning around in the wet but use the car every day come rain or shine. Eagle F1's are good but will last about 6000 miles, you may as well use liquorice.Cheap tyres are cheap for a reason fair enough but a zr tyre is zr, and they meet iso standards and are used a lot in Australia and US. Taiwan factories pay less than 1 dollar an hour, and biggest rubber industries are in China and Taiwan. Which tyre report showed that in many cases Michelin and Pirelli were some of the worst tyres regardless of price, granted they were not testing on Supras.If you get tyre pressure OK Nankangs not too bad, was driving up the A46 in snow and ice last week but did not go too loud apart from straight lines, plus have only had the car couple of weeks.Remember the likes of Pirelli, michelin and goodyear are trying to keep better paid workers happy as well as spending shitloads on F1 and bike racing!!

cheers Matt

conti n1 are good too but pricey will stick with the f1's if there as good as i hear...... and damn what prices, have to say as someone mentioned maybe that deserves a sticky post, maybe see if the'll do a further discount to supra owners club members too as the'll be getting more custom from now too :cool: