The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone with 19" wheels????

mr keef

hi, i bought my car with 19"s and uk shocks with eibach springs the ride was fine but the car felt a bit soft at speed. having now fitted bilsteins to match i find the ride a bit hard, ok on fast a roads but over crap back roads here in suffolk a bit too hard.grip is great ,steering is a bit heavy,high speed is a bit twitchy but overall the car handles ok and i do drive hard. if i hadnt read about issues with 19s i would have accepted it was how a 13 year old design high powered rwd jap sports car should handle. however i am after some uk 17s but these will only make a rare appearance on the car for drag racing as this is my sport of choise. ps 19s have no rubbing issues(at least on my set up) and god do they look good really bringing a great design up to date so im happy.

not for me theyre not, but sure enough people are going to be saying the adverse effect it has on handling blah blah blah, i love the harsh ride, i love the low stance, i love my 19's but if you want the best handling etc, might i recomend 16's :D

LOL 16's or 14's for handling etc... i.e if you race on the streets. :D

i have 19" Evo 5's on my Supra 9" & 10" wide. at first they drove really well, was so made up.

recently having driven over the crap roads here, (too many holes etc), they seem to be losing their edge. at times you can hit a drain cover and can feel the car start to get away from you.

having them tracked/ aligned etc, while the Supra is away having other bits done to it. so hopefully will be good as new.

i still like 19's as they show the car off perfectly. but maybe if was doing it all again would go for 18's. the 19's were on it when i bought it.

thought maybe i should go for a UK spec suspension setup sometime in the future to help.