The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick question about UK specs.

GazzaGSi

How strange.

I get a quote for my SZ. Comes out at 1335 FC.

I get a quote for a RZ manual TT and that comes out at 1225.57

The reason I thought it was cheaper is because they had done it on a UK spec but she said to me is it a RZ manual TT 2 door coupe.

May buy a TT now :)

Not bad for 21 with 2yrs NCB.

How strange.

The reason I thought it was cheaper is because they had done it on a UK spec but she said to me is it a RZ manual TT 2 door coupe.

May buy a TT now :)

Not bad for 21 with 2yrs NCB.

Who was the quote from?

Just phoned Sky. They say the UK specs come up on their screens as just Turbo even though they are Twin turbos.

And the RZ is definately an import and that Lancaster have quoted me wrong.

Still, I got a FC quote off sky for 1100 approx on a UK spec.

Bloody insurance on supes is daft!

I'm insured with Lancaster.

Got an import TT Auto.

Its not listed on their website, called them up, they spoke to the underwriters, got it added and insured me for 940 FC (social use only, limited mileage).

When I was insuring mine, some of the insurance companies would try and tell me my UK was a RZ! It's at this point I realised the company never had a clue about supra's. Best off going to a company like sky who actually know what their talking about

i wouldnt bother with SKY either. They told me my UK spec was an RZ too, and they're supposed to know what they're doing:(

sky couldn't match mine they quoted £2200 a year for a UK TT, try admiral .com if you can pay all cash up they quoted me £1136.00 with 0 NCB and i'm only 21. i didn't wanna but i put the missus on the insurance and it dropped from £1500!!! wierd!!

If you cant pay all cash upfront they sting you but it stl comes out at £1400 something! its a shame the guy i'm buying the UK TT from was selling a dud and stood me up! :flame:

Gaz, after all the posts about it on here, didn't you know its cheaper to insure a TT than an NA?

Sky are only really good for people 25+, plus you need to make sure you speak to Jay. Those using Admiral/Elephant are taking a huge risk if it comes to making a claim - no agreed value, no replacement of aftermarket parts, hopeless customer service, can't insure more than 6 mods & forget it if you have a BOV (I have it in writing they won't insure cars with them).

For me Sky were not quite the cheapest, but offered a far better package than every other insurance company (at 640ish per year).

Homer, whats BOV? I'm after an almost standard TT so it's not too much trouble going thru admiral. They do 10 month thing which ll be good to get the NCB quicker

do you actually get a NCB though? I heard you get a discount but no ncb at the end of the year, bov= blow off valve, if standard you dont need to worry about it :)

Simple when you think bout it!

They said it gives you a years NCB at the end, they probably stich you up somewhere along the line.

Found it via another forum:-

"And beware of Bonus Accelerator Policies - you can only use them with the company that offered them at renewal and premiums can change wildly after a year."

They said it gives you a years NCB at the end, they probably stich you up somewhere along the line.

Yeah, you should always get the NCB as long as you don't make a claim for a full year. If you have little NCB then unfortunately your options for insurance are rather limited (and I can understand your need to look for a UK model). Just make sure you declare ANY modifications (seriously - everything!) and you should be fine if you do have to make a claim. The last thing anyone wants to hear about is someone getting stitched up by an insurance company.

To be honest with you chalton I was in your situaton this time last year. I went for a UK after getting silly quotes for a j-spec (>£4000). I ended up going with elephant for the first 10 months which cost £900. This sounds cheap but it's only 10 months and they don't cover the cost of mods nor do they like many mods (also my new insurance company didn't except the ncb scheme). This year I went with sky and although I'm paying £1300, I've declared all my mods and got an agreed value!