The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SA-70 Weds Black Chrome

Stonkin

Morning peeps,

i'm still going through some wheels choices and have stumbled across Nic's offer of the SA-70 Weds Black Chrome. I've tried searching all over the net and cannot find a pic of these on a supra. Can anyone offer any help with Photoshop if i supplied some pics?

Also, does anyone have any experience with Weds wheels, i believe they are supposed to be quite light. Can someone also explain what the difference is between forged and cast, and what is better, and i guess what these particular ones are.

And finally, would black chrome be any easier to keep than normal chrome as far as bad weather.

Sorry for lots of questions, it sjust a very difficult choice, and i think these could look very smart on my black car.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats what i seem to be reading from most places. I wouldnt have gone for the bronze, especially not on black, but these....

I really wanted to go for something bling, but i think others i was looking at were to messy. With these i think it would give the car a racey/meaty look whilst still giving it a bit of bling.

Hey Mate,

I have some Weds Novartis Type M. The ones you are going for certainly look as if they'll be much lighter than mines. Weds must have good fitment as I have 18's and the car handles very well

Forged wheels are better and lighter, not sure of the process to manufacture them.

Chrome/Black chrome will have the same durability regarding affects from weather

Hi Ro, so would these be forged wheels? I am worried about weathering, but i know if i dont get some kind of chrome wheel i will regret it later, i'll just have to live with cleaning them very regularly.

I don't think you can get these particular wheels in forged alloy, also forged alloy wheels are much more expensive.

My current wheels are 'titanium finish' and on my old audi cab I had black chromes. Never had a problem with the effects from weather. Those wheels will be easy to clean :)

Edit: link: http://www.weds.co.jp/products/wedssport/index.html

The SA-70's are cast aluminium, I have the bronze ones on my car (see link to my garage in my sig) which I love. They weigh around 8.5kg each from memory.

The black chrome SA-70's are new for 2006, so are extremely rare, non have been exported from Japan yet AFAIK.

Weds are a growing brand, they manufacture wheels for other Japanese brands and have their own race team.

Nic, do the bands around the rim definetly only come in blue on the production wheels?

I'm wondering if the coloured band would look gay, unless i had a blue car?

You calling my wheels GAY? :aggress:

Yes only available with the blue bands. TBH I was not sure about the blue bands before fitting mine, but I actually really like the look now.