The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent advice please...

nismo_lp

Just before the turn of the winter period i got the mph converter and delimiter from 'Thor' which was fitted by a very well know tuner and motor electrician. The unit seemed to work fine but after a journey over about an hour the speedo completely stopped working and therefore all my warning lights come on. This only happened once when i rang Thor to see if its a possible fault with the chip. They said its very rare for the chips to be faulty and that its more then likely to be a problem with the wireing.

The bloke that fitted the chip said that he was sure it was fitted correctly and wasnt near anything that could possibly heat up. After a bit of an arguement he said he would check it anyway. He's now cheaked all his wireing and said that its all very securely in place.

I havent really used the Supra much over the winter and havent thought much of it. Now ive started using it again it seems that the speedo packs up after about 10 mins on most trips.

Even if Thor agree to replace the chip... ive still got to pay the electrician to reinstall it (which isnt cheap).

So... What do I do? If there is a fault with the chip should the company refund me the money i paid to have it fitted????

Cheers, Jonny

It can't be that rare, I've had two Thor DSCs pack up on me. Pete will usually exchange them no problem but I don't fancy your chances of getting your fitting costs paid. Just do it yourself mate. It's easy to do really, there's only four wire connections.