The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lake District sportscar meet-up

AJI

The date for this year's event has been set for Sunday 13th August.

(restricted event - open to ---> MkIV Supra Club members / Supercars / GT cars / Sportscars)

The event details are contained on the webpage via the link below:

http://ldsr.43i.net/index.htm

The event this year is going to be bigger and better than last year's. I am expecting a wide range of different sportscars to turn up, hopefully most of them will be Supras.

So if you're up for a meetup followed by a drive out in one of the UK's most scenic areas with a load of other sportscars then get yourself along !

MKivSupra.net attendee list:

(other invited cars/clubs can setup or already have an attendance list of their own)

1. AJI

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope to be there myself as well guys. although living in Scotland my parents are virtually right on the border so can kill two birds with one stone i suppose.... :D

1. AJI

2. Darkrider666

3. jim_supra

4. supra-man

Guest Nismo Man

1. AJI

2. Darkrider666

3. jim_supra

4. supra-man

5. Dazsir

6. Gaz Walker

7. Kevin Huntley

8. Nismo Man

9. BillyT

darkrider - any reason why this has been moved back into a sub-region section?

With this move of thread.. will it affect any linking from other websites? ie. will the URL from the original thread have been changed when it was moved?

Only reason I ask is that I've linked this page into a number of other sprortscar forums so that they simply left click and it brings them here.

I am hoping this event will attract guys from the Scotland area, the North east and the north west. Does that mean I have to copy and paste this thread into all those sub-sections? (Not having a 'go' or anything, just that I'm still unsure how these new sub-sections are supposed to work).

:-)

darkrider - any reason why this has been moved back into a sub-region section?

With this move of thread.. will it affect any linking from other websites? ie. will the URL from the original thread have been changed when it was moved?

Only reason I ask is that I've linked this page into a number of other sprortscar forums so that they simply left click and it brings them here.

I am hoping this event will attract guys from the Scotland area, the North east and the north west. Does that mean I have to copy and paste this thread into all those sub-sections? (Not having a 'go' or anything, just that I'm still unsure how these new sub-sections are supposed to work).

:-)

Sub sections are for the areas the event takes place. As this is a large event organised by you within the Supra forum, but inviting other clubs it should be in the NW section as this is where Cumbria comes. We are trying to make people aware of the meets so that they know where in the country the meet is taking place, sounds strange, but it makes sense.

Your also planning the Ring trip which is in the National as there is not a Out of the UK meetsd section (yet?? You never know with Mawby).

The thread is in National. It should be in NW, when the event has taken place it will be moved to the NW section as it is a NW meet.

I hope this clarifies the reason's for the event section change.

hope this is received okay. if not :p :flasher: :tongue: LOL

• 3 weeks later...
edited

we will coming on that date in august 13th, great video, liked it how you put on the details that it wasnt a race and you was off like a rocket and left nearly all of them (naughty), but having a car like that and a nice clear road its got to be done, see you and the others up there....

Thanks Dom.

ha ha ... the chosen route each year will encorporate some fast flowing sections and some twisty scenic sections. Very true, its not a race, but at the same time everyone is driving high powered sports/gt cars which make good use of the excellent driver's roads in the area... that section on the video where I 'shot off' was only for a mile or two... then I slowed down for everyone to catch up. ;)

You'll enjoy it when you come along.

1. AJI

2. Darkrider666

3. jim_supra

4. supra-man

5. Dazsir

6. Gaz Walker

7. Kevin Huntley

8. Nismo Man

9. BillyT

10.Gord R and mi old man (Matt)

11.mr2_turbo

12.Dave1221

13.~Rob~

14.Domdotcom + a few other jap cars as well who wants to come...

• 2 weeks later...

just an update on the cars attending..... it looks like there is going to be a great variety of types turning up. There is already interest from the following : 4 or more Skylines, 6+ GTOs, a few TVRs, a Porsche or two, a number of Aerial Atoms, a few GT-fours, some interest from a few Ferraris and even a Lambo Gallardo may attend. (not to mention the above Supras on the list).

I'm about to gauge interest from the Aston Martin owners to see if any of their members in the north would like to come along. (I know they had a successful meetup last year in Windermere which I drove past one day).