The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK manual TT

charlton

I know this post is in the wrong place but there are more people viewing these threads and need all the help I can get in finding the "one"

I'm looking for a manual UK TT Supra for under £10k, I have seen a couple of stunning examples but have been beaten to making a offer. I have been looking for almost nine months now and know that you lot can help.

I have the funds available so if anyone knows of any that are available or want to sell yours please let me know, I am not too fussy about colours, age etc

thanks

UK TT-6speeds are pretty rare cars (always have been)..... I spent a over a year looking for mine. If you get one for under £10k then you'll be looking at fairly high milage example.... UK TT 6-speeds still hold their price generally and if you're after a lower milage example (say 40-70K miles) then be prepared to pay a bit more. (Maybe 13K-14K-15K areas).

Milage on a Supra shouldn't really be an issue if it has a record of being serviced regularly and looked after well.

So don't be put off a well looked after 90K+ miles example... but remember if you are looking at high milage examples its like any other car....give it a good check over for signs of rust, and general engine wear and tear.

The Supra has a very strong reliable engine and there are some UK-specs still going strong with well over 150K miles on the clock !!

You're unlikely to get a good "low" mileage UK 6spd for under £10k (at least compared the mileage's on the imports). But a slightly higher (100k+) one might be possible - in fact the one that Zed has for sale is a steal, unlike most cars on autotrader you can track a lot of the cars history just by searching on here!

Presumably the reason you are going for UK is insurance reasons (Or you want the bigger brakes guaranteed)?

the UK supra is about £2000 cheaper for me to insure as I'm only 21. I went to see Zed's and it was stunning well worth travelling from Surrey to Bradford just to see it, unfortunately there was another guy there who was able to put down a deposit the same day. Never mind, I've paid a deposit on another and should be picking it up tomorrow - I cant wait, I've been waiting for this since school!

See you at the meets soon no doubt?

I thought if I'm getting cheaper quotes on a more powerful UK car I might as well go for it. I got the UK insurance down to £1135 but have to pay thall which I cant do after buying the car so I will have to pay about £1400, still goodonsidering I have 0 NCB and I'm 21

The Supra has fallen thru cos the RAC said it is a shitter! Nevermind, I've waited so long I'm sure I cant wait a little longer - gutted!

Not sure how to attach pics but I'll try - I cant even put a piure under my name!!!

on a more powerful UK car I might as well go for it.

More research needed my friend :D

For me there's 2 very good reasons for going for a UK car: Big brakes guaranteed & cheap insurance.

If performance/handling was my aim it'd be a Jap car any day of the week.

I'd like to see a stock GZ go up against stock UK-spec on the same track with the same driver to put this j-spec is faster than uk-spec thing into the mythbuster bin.

;-)

Indeed, funny as most of these comments are made by people who've never even been on a track to properly push their cars to the point where they'd be able to tell the difference.