The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should I just order a new tyre.

ArghJae

I got a new set of goodyear f1's fitted a couple of weeks ago and woke up to find my r/o/s tyre flat, but only after i had driven in a few hundred metres, it didn't help that i was rushing to work. Well I changed it and then got to work. Later on today I took it to kwik-fit and asked if they could repair it but they said that from looking at the wear on the wall it had been driven on and that the metal plating in the sidewall was damaged so would need a replacement. I'm gonna try pump it up and leave it over night to see if it goes flat again but I'm worried that if I get this sorted I may get a blowout on the motorway or something.

Should I just order a new one and swallow the 120 I wasted on the last one?

Also, does anyone use that green goo you put into a tyre to stop punctures from occuring?

Thanks all in advance.

If the tyre is run flat for a duration then the rubber will be peeled off the inside tyre wall and basically renders the tyre knackered,Unfortunatly you will have to swallow the 120 quid again and stump up for a new tyre,Ive been in the situation a few times before and I know it isnt nice

Mate same thing just happened to mine. When I checked the pressures a few weeks back the rear left was low so checked it and found a screw in the tread. Took it to kwik fit to see if it was worth repairing and they pointed out the sidewall had softened and bubbled:shock: Replaced it straight away, cant take chances with tyres fella but as said before I think you should go back and ask for a refund/replacement.

I got a new set of goodyear f1's fitted a couple of weeks ago and woke up to find my r/o/s tyre flat, but only after i had driven in a few hundred metres, it didn't help that i was rushing to work. Well I changed it and then got to work. Later on today I took it to kwik-fit and asked if they could repair it but they said that from looking at the wear on the wall it had been driven on and that the metal plating in the sidewall was damaged so would need a replacement. I'm gonna try pump it up and leave it over night to see if it goes flat again but I'm worried that if I get this sorted I may get a blowout on the motorway or something.

Also, does anyone use that green goo you put into a tyre to stop punctures from occuring?

Thanks all in advance.

Did you buy it from Quikfit if so check your guarantee mate as I think it covers you

I have had low pressure for a few days (checked this morning and it was 8PSI -FECK) it looked tottally fine, it was only when I could hear it that I worried, is there a way to externally see if there is a problem with the sidewall as it looks fine on first glance

I have had low pressure for a few days (checked this morning and it was 8PSI -FECK) it looked tottally fine, it was only when I could hear it that I worried, is there a way to externally see if there is a problem with the sidewall as it looks fine on first glance

Get it pumped up and and push against both sidewalls mine was very soft on the inside but fine on the outside if in doubt get it to somewhere like ATS as they usually check things for free.

Thanks all in advance.

Driving on a flat for a few meters can almost certainly damage the sidewall and a few hundred meters it's guaranteed to be damaged, not worth the risk, as others have said get it replaced.

You may have a leaking bead. I see a lot of leaks due to corrosion on the rim where the bead seats, get your fitter to throughly clean the rim where the tyre beads and if necessary seal it with bead sealer.

I used some tyreweld on the tyre and got it pumped up, it seems fine for a couple days use whilst I wait for my new tyre from blackcircles. There is bulging from the sides of the tyre so it has to be changed. The problem is that I went to loadsa petrol stations and found 1 can of tyreweld which I used, I wanted to have another one just incase it's flat in the morning and I need a quickfix to get to work. Guess I'll find out in the morning.

Funny thing is that someon wrote in the dirt above my drivers door the night before "cock blocker", either someone jealous over my car or jealous over my girl, next night I get the flat.

I've just been having so much bad luck in the last fortnight with my car, hope it gets better.

Thanks all.